Sign in to follow this  
adambob

ECU Mod's required when fitting a Schrick VGI

I've just got myself a vgi manifold from the states and now need to understand what i will need to do regarding remaps / piggy back chips or ECU's ?

Can anyone help ?

Also - noiticed last night that my front discs are shot to pieces. I'm keen on some vented / crossed drilled replacements. Any tips would be really appreciated i.e. Type, cost, where to purchase from etc.

Cheers.

You may find that the standard ECU can handle it, up to a point. Ultimately you'll really need a remap though, otherwise the car will probably pink.

i'm getting some 268 cams in the next week or so - it's probably advisable to fit them with the VGI and then go for the remap. Do you agree?

More specifically - do i need to buy a piggy back chip/ecu ?

I may just have been lucky but mine hasn't pinked at all since the Schrick went on.....

VR6, That's cause your engine is a wee bairn compared to the rest of ours!

Adambob, mine has 268s, VGI and a bigger throttle and all I've got is an AmD rechip to cope with that. It could probably do with being done again as the chip was for the throttle and VGI only, but it seems OK as it is. I get a very slight pink from time-to-time but nothing of major concern.

The 268s move the VGI's 'Schrickiness' a bit further up the range so it won't pink as much as an engine with just a VGI.

It's the high rpm pinking at speed you can't hear that's the most damaging, so get it rollered to make sure that's not happening.

kevhaywire - what effect do the 268s have on low rpm pick up? I'm told they move the benefit of the VGI to 2500 - 3500.

How accurate is this ?