Sign in to follow this  
Louie Lungbubble

Unimportant question

Most car's I've owned do that too..... definitely a deliberate feature..... maybe for safety reasons if the engine cuts out?

One little thing you could do on MK2s always amused me though! With the ignition off, you could put the full beams on and the heater fan would come on! Not tried that in the C yet.....

My supervisor at university used to have a banged up old Datsun where he could remove the ignition key and leave the engine running... then reinsert the key and carry on. Very handy when your car park exit pass is on your keyring... :)

on my old MKI you could bypass the immobiliser by indicating right, pulling the main beam stalk and turning the ignition on... Feck knows why, but it always amused me... :oops: :roll: :mrgreen:

on my old MKI you could bypass the immobiliser by indicating right, pulling the main beam stalk and turning the ignition on... Feck knows why, but it always amused me... :oops: :roll: :mrgreen:

you could still do that on polo's up until the current model just need a bump start and away you go :lol: might still be the same but it didnt work at the motor show :wink:

wasn't the brake light the reason hugh grant and that divine woman got busted :lol:

At least it aint as bad as some Nova's, take out, park anywhere light switch, place back in upside down, and hey pesto ignition is on!!!!! :shock: :shock:

We did that to my mate's Mint Nova GSi. One dinner time we went out and moved it to another car park at work :lol:

He didn't seem too pleased about it but did see the funny side.

He sold it not long after and got an A3 Turbo.

wasn't the brake light the reason hugh grant and that divine woman got busted :lol:

na i think it was the fact he paid for her services :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps they got McFly instead ... :)