Sign in to follow this  
dav

Top Gear on Vortex about MK V Gti

High praise indeed....

I do actually like it. Especially the black one in the gallery.

Rumour has it there isn't much scope for tuning on the FSI engine, anyone heard otherwise?

i like it a lot, need to get shot of the MK4 18T and get one of them,

look propper BadA** in black. :twisted:

I still don't like the back, the front has definately grown on me... and the gti version certainly looks a lot better than the bog standard models. But the boot is ugly in my eyes... maybe its the lights I don't like. None the less certainly sounds like it'll be a winner... does amuse me however that VW have milked the success of the Mk1 for all these years to try premote new golfs :lol:

It's an ugly little spud, isn't it?

It sounds like it's a solid, modern, fast, consistent car. One review, however, says "all the cars (megane, type r and golf) have electro power-assisted steering, and the golf's is the best of the lot. Of course, there's no feedback ...."

WHY is it so hard to actually connect the flaming front wheels to the steering wheel? Surely that's the point of a car??

And the final element of my rant: where's the turbod R32 version?? We want a V6, nothing less will do! ;)

WHY is it so hard to actually connect the flaming front wheels to the steering wheel? Surely that's the point of a car??

To satisfy people like you that don't like over-informative feedback :wink:

The more you isolate the steering components with soft mountings, the less feedback you'll get and most modern cars, with the exception of Porsches etc, have the same problem.

As long as it don’t Squat, Dive and Roll for the nation the like the MK4 did then I think that it’s a step “back” in the right direction.

V6 with turbo would be good tho.

:evil:

To satisfy people like you that don't like over-informative feedback :wink:

I like informative feedback. I *don't* like tooth-rattling bone shaking cabin vibration, however. The two are NOT inextricably linked.. :-P

I like informative feedback. I *don't* like tooth-rattling bone shaking cabin vibration, however. The two are NOT inextricably linked..

Very true, the new boxster's steering makes the old cars feel a little vague, but still smooth as silk.

And the final element of my rant: where's the turbod R32 version?? We want a V6, nothing less will do! ;)

I had herd that they are bringing out the "R36" version of this at some point.......That should be fun :twisted: 8)