Sign in to follow this  
Ford

Teledial alloys?

Hi anybody ever stuck porsche 16X7 teledial alloys on a VR6? Any problems with calipers etc. Thought they might look pretty cool on a silver C if fully refurbed etc.

Anybody have pictures of somebody's C with them on etc?

Thanks

you need adaptors... Porsche wheels don't use 5x100 (IIRC they're 5x112)... :?

you need adaptors... Porsche wheels don't use 5x100 (IIRC they're 5x112)...

Yeah I already know that, these ones are 5X130. Was thinking about VR brake calipers etc any problems etc. Also with hub adaptors will they stick out too far etc. Just wanted to see if anybody had experience with these wheels and some photo's.

Thanks

just checking... 8)

Any idea what the offset of them is? Adaptors are usually 20mm thick so you need to factor that it to see if they'll actually fit under your arches too... 8)

No worries.

Yep ET55, so if using say 20-25mm adaptors would be ET 30-35? Okay for a 7" wide wheel?

Cheers

All Porsche wheels like Design90s, 928s, Teledials etc are 5x130pcd - offset ranges from about 52 upto 70 depending on width ie. from 6 upto 9inches wide.

should be about right, yeah...

Brilliant thanks Henny! Now just got to find a picture of a C with them on...

Next question... where is the cheapest place to get H&R hub adaptors? They are supposed to be the best? Failing that are steel ones okay, I guess these would be a lot cheaper?

Cheers

maybe its me but............IMHO some Porsche wheels suit the C perfectly and some don't........i'm afraid (again) IMHO tele-dials only suit being on Porsches........design 90's and Cups suit the C down to the ground tho.........btw those tele-dials would have been the O/E rims on a pre-88 944 turbo 8)

maybe its me but............IMHO some Porsche wheels suit the C perfectly and some don't........i'm afraid (again) IMHO tele-dials only suit being on Porsches........design 90's and Cups suit the C down to the ground tho.........btw those tele-dials would have been the O/E rims on a pre-88 944 turbo 8)

im with you there roddy .... dont do it mate they wont look right at all

Hmmmm, thanks for the helpful comments there. Got this pic of teledials on a C, I thought they looked pretty good? They are 15s but the ones I am looking at are 16s so would fill the arches a bit better. See what you think guys...

In 15" guise they make the C look too long and less sporty.... if you know what I mean??

I don't think they look awful by any means but if you're going to the trouble of adapting the PCD, get some nicer rims, such as the Carrera cups sold on here not so long ago :lol:

Okay so general consensus is that they are too much trouble for what they are worth. Shame as I like the idea of teledials.

Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated.

Hmmmm, thanks for the helpful comments there. Got this pic of teledials on a C, I thought they looked pretty good? They are 15s but the ones I am looking at are 16s so would fill the arches a bit better. See what you think guys...

those on the red C look like "fake" tele-dials to me.............my 924S has the smallest tele-dials Porsche made (6x15's) and they look like this

the tele-dials you are thinking of buying where the same size as the ones on my old 944 turbo