Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Over-revving on gear change (and now tighten throttle cable)

did this actually solve the prob jim? mine does the same as that always has also does the same as gavins wit the weird idle that stops when i blip it

Yep - sorted it out guys. Cheap and easy to do.. so definately worth doing to rule it out of the equation before you start tackling sensors, etc etc :)

Dancing Fish - the throttle cable has a sort of hook which comes into the cabin and attaches to the accelerator pedal - the rubber grommet is basically at the top of the pedal and what the throttle cable hooks through. Take the under dash trays out and all will become clear when you look at it.. will try and sort you out with some part numbers in the next day or so :)

agreed, easy to do and solved my problem of over-revving and the throttle not retuning to the micro switch

Any chance finding the part no's Jim? I need a new cable, but i've got a VR6, so will the part number be different?

Part number is different mate.. the G60 cable has the little hook at the end, but from what I understand the VR6 one is different :(

Part number is different mate.. the G60 cable has the little hook at the end, but from what I understand the VR6 one is different :(

Its ok, I just phone the local stealer and he said:

VR6 throttle cable: 536 721 555A

Grommet: 191 721 5559

Just for reference :)