Sign in to follow this  
craigowl

Use of foglights

OK. Does anyone know what date VW changed from single switch fogs to double switches for F and R.

AFAIK the switchgear was changed...........along with the interior facelift circa late 92

Ah yes - IIRC my 1994 16v had two seperate buttons but front and rear fogs but i'm sure you could just put the fronts on without the rear being on....

Yep. Mine is a '94 16v with the later interior. Two push-button switches side by side. One does fronts, one does rears, but turns fronts on aswell if they're not on already.

It bugs me when there's some jumped up tw@t in an M3 lookalike E36 316 with his pikey aftermarket "angel eyes" side lights and his fogs on. Thing is, if you have your side lights and fogs on only, you can't see anything in front of you anyway!

people that drive with their side lights on only really do my wick. if its dark enough for lights, its dark enough for dipped beams.from a distance the bland in with reflections from streetlights and shops etc adn you cant see them properly. all in the effort for them to look cool.

Though arent the lights on a corrado classed as driving lamps?

perhaps this is why they are wired so as i use them on a pitch black dual carriage way or back road along with my main beams, it just "fills in the gaps" nicely :) dont use them in town unless i've forgoten to switch them off... :oops:

I drive all day with side lights on,its not to see but to be seen,its one of the first questions on an insurance claim form

'did you have your lights on'

its also to be seen as you drive in wooded areas avoiding the strobing effect of the sun thru the leaves of the trees and avoiding slight blindness of seeing dark areas of the road

as for corrado fog lamps they are just that FOG lamps,The driving lamp is the secondary main beam lamp.

The headlight loom upgrade improoves the headlights noend

any foglights just dazzle the shit out of me :roll: :x

then they wonder why People leave thier row of 6 cibie oscars on just to show them what dazzle is 24volt style.

I wouldnt leave the taillights on all day as Im a target for cops who think Ive either left them on or know Ive been working before dawn.

but they do say to me they know they are on so I can be seen easier front and rear;

chubby

Isnt the single switch on the EARLY cars and the two switch on LATE cars mines got later switch ('95) and mine switches either the fronts on or the front and rears

OK. Does anyone know what date VW changed from single switch fogs to double switches for F and R.

AFAIK the switchgear was changed...........along with the interior facelift circa late 92

FWIW, my 1990 Scirocco Scala has a 2 position fog light switch.

Odd how the Rocco got them before the Corrado. :?

FWIW, my 1990 Scirocco Scala has a 2 position fog light switch.

Odd how the Rocco got them before the Corrado. :?

Yeah - nothing to do with the fact that the Scirocco interior was designed before the Corrado then......... :roll: