Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Rick's Mystic Blue, end of an era

Its the Koni adjustable kit. Thought I was going to have to buy H and R springs thinking that the Koni ones would be a bit 'crashy', but I think they have improved them as they are now a different colour and the car doesn't feel all that different from standard which is exactly what I wanted.

Thought I hadn't posted any pictures in a while.

Cleaned it today and took some photos.

Also now has headlight washers, headlight adjusters, detailed headlights, 90mm spoiler and diavia aircon, fitted by keith at A/C Engineering and I made a bracket so I could use the american switches. Did have some Recaro's on order but got fucked over by german ebay and they never arrived, you live and learn.

You might have polished her :lol:

Looks just like my old one, same ride height, whats the mileage on her now?

Looks abso-bloody-lutely lovely. Just goes to show that you don't need to do much to a Corrado mods wise to make it look fantastic. Just clean it up and tweak a few bits and pieces and it looks sublime!

Appreciated guys.

Billcor milage is 72k now.

Very nice Rick and sitting perfect I'd say

It was a Mystic Blue I had and like you I did not want to do to much to change it, ended up with Koni Coilovers and an Induction Kit, due to unforseen circumstances I had to sell, she only had 53k then, as you could imagine I was gutted but hey now I've got another VR and intend making a few changes to this one

Anyway keep up the polishing 8)

Yeah you must have been gutted selling that, what colour have you got now? Moonlight Blue is my favourite, had I known more about corrados at the time I probably would never have bought a storm but over the years mystic blue has grown on me.

Very nice Rick.

Hardly looks like anything has been done to it but then those are the best kind of mods! 8)

I've been debating whether to get a 90mm chin spoiler as it means i'll have to raise the suspension a touch... but I think you've made my mind up.

Where did you get yours from?

Bought it off ebay for 20 quid, guy with a valver didn't like how low it was at the front so went for a 50mm. You do have to be careful though mine is only a couple of inches off the road and it's not that low, I think they look far better though.

Yeah i'm in 100% agreement with you. Had a deeper one one on a G60 i used to have but the VR just doesn't look quite right with the 50mm.

Mines on coilovers anyway so i'll just raise it til it doesn't scrape anymore!

(Jay goes off to find a 90mm chin spoiler :D )

Jees Rick, is your house short of mirrors or something? Do you family just come out and use your bonnet instead??!

Looks nice. Would be better in black though!! :shock:

You'll have to take me out with this super cool air con unit installed... Not sure if you've said if it's been pressurised yet. If it has, can you feel a drain on power when it's switched on.

Also, given the current climate, I'm finding that my heaters are of more use than air-con...!

(I'm gunna have to polish mine now...)

oh, and;

Lovely car, in a lovely setting, is that the New Forest?

If only you knew...!!! lol!!

Yep all gassed and working, very cold and pretty useless for this summer. I can't feel a massive drain but I haven't really driven it recently, a lot of people say it does make a difference to performance though. You also see the Mpg drop when it's on.

Looking good Rick - find it funny how people's tastes differ - I swapped my 90mm front spoiler for the 50mm one as I thought it looked much better! lol

Love this Storm.

Thanks mate, and yeah i'm sure the headlight washers aren't to everyones taste either, but there can't be that many storms with them.

Thanks for the comments, feel as though the car is complete now. Have been thinking about RS 301s but heard they are a bit of a pain in the arse.