Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Rick's Mystic Blue, end of an era

Not hard to fit, wiring is there for the heating but you need the loom that goes to both seats for the power that runs to the fuse box.

The hardest bit is getting hold of a pair.

Fitted a new grill today think that's the best look, black badge black grill red badge. Or there is painted grill silver vw red vr. Or Or painted grill black vw red vr. Ahh too many options think the first is best.

I really like the black grill, chrome VW and red VR badge (but only on a storm) otherwise it's gotta be chrome.

Car's looking well as always Rick. You change your chin spoiler for a 90mil one?

Yeah a little while back, you even commented about it Glenn on the penultimate page, speed bumps are not my friend.

DOH! Brain in neutral - please forgive me - I'm not long off nightshift.

Car looks ace anyway. Love those Recaros. I can stop copying yours now - when I get my cream leather fitted - IF I get it fitted.

Thanks mate, your leather will look really good (when and if you get it fitted) in an aqua blue, don't think it would work with the mystic though.

I love this car, and i'm liking the new wheels. There seems to be a lot of the replicas on ebay and the price difference between the replicas and the genuine ones is unbelievable. Is there actually much difference? I love the seats too, i wouldn't mine a pair in mine! :cheers:

Car looks fantastic, the wheels do look the part, its only when you look hard that the differences become apparant and id imagine there is a weight difference...

Thanks for the comments guys. I can't see many differences but i've never seen real LMs in the flesh, and there probably is a weight difference. They are the ones from the group buy on here, was really suprised how little difference there is between 15s and 17s in ride quality, not what I was expecting at all, I probably will only run them in the summer and they didn't cost two and a half grand like the actual ones.

car looks great rich the lm's look really good

u doing no-rice or ne thing like that n e more?

Thanks mate, not that difficult to do those two but sourcing the parts is the hard bit, the washers you definitley need a donor car but the electric motors can be found on german ebay from time to time, the switch is from vagparts and the loom I made myself.

cheers for the info,

on a previous page rick u said if u knew what u know about corrados now u wouldnt of got a storm?

what makes u say that?

cheers chris l

I suppose for the fact you can get better specced VR's in rarer colours like Asims for example, though having said that cars like that are hard to find, and if I had of got a VR there would probably be that bit of me that wanted a storm so I don't know what i'm on about really. I guess I just felt like if you had seen one storm you had seen them all.

Thanks for the comments Gareth/Wazzer.

So after four years I bought a new car yesterday, pick it up friday...

The Corrado will be going up for sale soon, will miss it so much is such a great car :(

Stunning looking avant mate, they're fantastic cars and a good replacement - but i'm sure you'll miss your rado ! :(