Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Rick's Mystic Blue, end of an era

They are pretty similar, it was so funny at ed38 watching my mate walk over to joeblogsvr6's every time he wanted to get something out of mine and expect me to open it where as mine was parked two cars down.

Looking good Rick. She is a minty storm to be sure, but maybe 30 mm or so. after all the origional suspension is getting on now. :)

I say it want to be lower too... 40mm drop IMO!

Where in Surrey are you mate? I'm in Guildford - would be nice to see you and the Storm at a meet at some point 8)

Good point Rog.

Phil, I live in dorking mate, I quite often go to no rice but I proper froze my bollocks off at the last one I went to so I think i'll wait till it warms up a bit!

Bit off topic but one of those 'Atom' cars went past my house never seen one before they were both wearing helmets, nutters.

lower it!!!!........gives it a better look IMHO..........std VR suspension looks stupid...........its not going to ruin it by lowering it

Agreed. Just lower 30-40mm, it'll actually look more original, as it is it looks like someone's jacked it up!

I see that you've got these Corrado mats:-

I just got a set - I really like them but I'm worried about how dirable the Corrado print is - how long have you had yours? Do they still look good?

I'm sure they're pretty durable-it's the actual carpet you want to worry about.

I would love to hear VW's account of why the Corrado is so high.It's insane-was there a reason for the unlikely ride height?..there must have been!.

Didnt like the 4x4 look on my Storm so added a H&R Coilover Kit. Looks much better IMO (see avatar picture). Kept the original suspension so I can replace it to go back to a stock look if required.

Bit confused as to why there is a picture of someone else's car in my gallery, don't mind but just thought it was a bit odd.

In regards to the mats i've never really had a problem with them and I think they look best, just avoid the lettering when hoovering.

If I do it will only be about a 30mm drop, then again I don't know whether to as it is a Storm. Do I lower it?

Sorry I thought the question was should you lower your storm or keep it standard. I was just giving you some pictures of mine to help you make your mind up. I have deleted the pictures.

Bit confused as to why there is a picture of someone else's car in my gallery, don't mind but just thought it was a bit odd.

In regards to the mats i've never really had a problem with them and I think they look best, just avoid the lettering when hoovering.

Is that not Andi's old C? Think it's because Forum must have hosted your pic and another pic with the same name.

Yes I think that is exactly why. But taw posted a couple of pictures of his car that he has deleted now (which looked very nice by the way) and I think people had thought that I had lowered mine.

Some pictures of my C and my friend's new VR6

65K Golf VR6, 62K Corrado VR6

Thanks for the comments about the car guys and sorry to all those that said I should leave it standard but I've ordered the lowering kit.

I dropped my Storm 40mm about 2 years ago and I have to say, it has a far better stance, if slightly firmer than I would have liked.

Have kept the original 15" BBS wheels to give it the std look and the higher profile tyres help with some of the iffier roads around the New Forest.

I've also had a set of those mats for the past 6 years and still have all the letters. :D

That's a great looking car you've got there Rick

Had new springs and shocks put on on friday, handles so much better.

Not great photos but gives you idea of the ride height.