Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Insurance story

Bored?

Sitting Comfortably? Right, now I may begin. We all know you need to shop around for insurance, the lowest changing each year. The following story of mine makes sense once you’ve read it but you may not have thought of it. Having been insured from my early days with Tesco I was soon pursued by other companies who are trying harder to get custom off Tesco & Directline. So when NUD can offer it to me £100 cheaper I take them up. However 12 months later comes renewal time. What’s this, its gone up, yet I have made no claims. Hmmm, time to shop around. Unfortunately only Tesco are cheaper… I know I’ll try NUD again. Ring ring, hello can I have a quote? Acting dumb. Gave my name and no record of me was found so a NEW quote had to be given – the quote wasn’t only cheaper than this years quote but another £100 less than last year.

Now why has this happened? Well because they think you’re too lazy to shop around; only new customers need competitive rates.

Half way through my 12 months and I change to the rado, dreading the increase but to my surprise the quote was cheap, and when I actually phoned it was cheaper still. THEN for corker story 2 - I added an older member of my family as a 2nd named driver… for how much? Try “we will reimburse you £x” WOW !!

yup, my lovely lady is going to be on my new car's insurance (although she won't know it! ;) :twisted: ) 'cos she's 6 years older than me and it knocks nearly £200 off my bill! :crazyeyes: :lol: 8)

Doesn't work the other way around though... to put me on her Jeep Cherokee adds nearly £300 onto the £400 she's currently paying! :?

When I got my car this was what I was told:

Me as sole driver on my 16v: £lots (21, student, no no-claims etc.)

Me and my step dad £350 less (Step-dad= 53, professional driving assesor, 100s of years of no-claims etc.)

Needless to say, I was happy to have him on my policy! :)

Also, I REFUSE to deal with NUD. Everytime I had to call them I was kept in a queue for often up to an hour. How anyone can keep customers when they treat them like that is beyond me. :mad:

AXA direct online was a classic for me......due to a blunder on their websystems, my premium on the VR6 was £350 comp and they could do nowt about it as I already paid! Systems fixed and the renewal came to £700. Yeah righto...off to the flux I went at £460. Now I'm with Brentacre with an unlimited policy at £500 - can do anything I like up to 230bhp (inc roll cage) and the policy won't go up.....and John at Brentacre has got a 16V G60 Corrado :lol:

kevhaywire, guess who I'll be talking to when I get my next insurance renewal... ;) 8)

Yep happened to me too, I put my missus on my policy and it went down by £200!!

Went for a renewal with NUD after my first year, and after I made a prang on my 16v, was quoted £2000 3rd party!!! Changed to Admiral nd got it for £800 fully comp!! It definetly pays to shop around!!