Sign in to follow this  
dog

Autotec Corrado for sale on autotrader

Just breezing Autotrader today and saw an VR6 up for grabs from a garage and it claims the car is an ex autotec car. Is this good or bad?

Am considering going to see the motor,

your opinons please, if you have the spare time :D

Dog

Autotek Corrado's were normally pretty decent quality and fairly over-priced..............but they used to have a wide selection and probably one of the biggest choices of C's for sale from 1.8 16v's to storms

All that means is that Autotek sold it in the past, who knows how much abuse it had since if any. Please take a good look and ignore sales tat like ex Autotek. :|

Be safe and make sure you do all the usual homework, judge the car on its merits. :wink:

thanks for advice!

No harm in looking and asking questions1

CHEERS AGAIN THO, its good to get advice

...from 1.8 16v's to storms

Wot's the obsession with highlighting the word "storm"? It's just a weather phenomenon. Or are you smarting at paying all that extra insurance for a badge? ;)

also a quick question people,

a corrado that has done 81k and is L reg and is up for grabs for less than 5k with a garages warranty is this n e good or worthless?

Sounds like a good deal if its a VR6.. warranty always helps! Got any more information on service history, colour, engine type etc?

Sounds like a good deal if its a VR6.. warranty always helps! Got any more information on service history, colour, engine type etc?

yep straight from autotrader its self

1994 L Reg VOLKSWAGEN Corrado 2.9 VR6

3 Doors, Manual, Coupe, 81,000 miles, Metallic silver with black leather interior. cd autochanger, Electric sunroof, electric rear spoiler, multifunction computer, electric windows and mirrors, mini disk, Heated seats, ABS, rear head rests, power steering, Central locking, full VW service history and warranty, stunning. £4,990.

Definately worth going to check out - sounds like a good price. Silver is a reasonably uncommon Corrado colour and heated black leather is very desirable. Get it HPI checked though, and arm yourself with our buyers guide if you go to check it out!

Definately a good price though.

As Jim says, good price and spec, worth checking out. I bought a car from this company back in 1996, there still going then. Watch out for studious valeting covering scratched bodywork, that was the only thing wrong with the car I bought.

...from 1.8 16v's to storms

Wot's the obsession with highlighting the word "storm"? It's just a weather phenomenon. Or are you smarting at paying all that extra insurance for a badge? ;)

nah its just to annoy ppl like you :twisted:

Diffently going to see it now!!!

I will take in hand a buying guide and then i will see what happens,

Never know you may get more posts of me on how to modify the car and what modifications to do first lol!

Dog

Diffently going to see it now!!!

I will take in hand a buying guide and then i will see what happens,

Never know you may get more posts of me on how to modify the car and what modifications to do first lol!

Dog

if its a totally standard VR.............budget on some lowered suspension.........unless you like the SUV-coupe look :shock:

whats the rough cost of that? couple of hundred? 500 tops?

for £200 you'll just get budget springs and dampers...................best save up for decent stuff like Koni/FK/Spax/Bilstein/H & R/Eibach etc etc

We (us Storm owners) are not bite'n. We all know about the alloys and the badges, but just as any rado/C owner we think ours are special :lol:

Fixed your 'storm' thing and quote for you -- jimsg60

whats the rough cost of that? couple of hundred? 500 tops?

for £200 you'll just get budget springs and dampers...................best save up for decent stuff like Koni/FK/Spax/Bilstein/H & R/Eibach etc etc

found this while looking around :

http://www.potn.com/p1280257.htm

I am getting good at these quote's and urls links woho!

Hhhmmm, SIlver C, very nice, just what I wanted, also the same as OSV's before he did all the mods. Silver with leather is very rare! Sounds like a really good deal.

Re suspension: go for Koni sports suspension shocks (as per your link) but get H&R springs, Koni springs are not great, should all cost you about £470 - as per Kevhaywires recent post. I currently have Koni/Eibach combo on my silver C, but is a little be bit of a hard ride, as I don't use the car on a track, now saving for H&Rs.

Is that the same car that was with Chelsea car co for £4990 a couple of weeks back? They then put it up to £5,995 but nearly £7k takes the p**s!! No wonder they never rang me back about it at the original price...