Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Corrado Forum Car of the Year - Nominations

I think Nick Micoris and Alex Apose Gils corrado should be in the list too one a mint standard and the others going to be a balls out 2.1 16 g60, i give credit to alex because he could've thrown money and fitted a 20v turbo but he's taken a better option and gone for a rarer conversion

maybe we could have awards for

best original car

best modified bodywork

best modified engine/drivetrain

best engine transplant

most bhp

best interior

ect

and maybe the winners of each category could permanently display the award in their sig or below their avatar

maybe we could have awards for

best original car

best modified bodywork

best modified engine/drivetrain

best engine transplant

most bhp

best interior

ect

and maybe the winners of each category could permanently display the award in their sig or below their avatar

I like these.

most BHP would be a bit difficult to judge, but I like the rest of 'em... 8)

Well I don't think we can really use Alex's as he doesn't want anything to do with the forum any more.

i was just thinking that some people have put more effort into the mechanical and engine side of things and not really changed the appearance of their cars so allthough i like the look of osv the most, i liked what henny had done with his engine and still kept it a g60, and phats monster is looking like its going to be awsome with its grafted in lump

its hard to pick just one as they are all exceptional for totally different reasons :wink:

well what we could do is split this into a number of seperate polls... for example using coolrado's suggestion of best original, looks, performance etc.... then take the winners from each of these and put them into a final poll of best overall, where you choose the one you like the most for whatever reason....

Added Kevhaywire and PhatVR6 pics to the first post - let me know if you want different pictures showing, these are just the ones I found :)

Added Kevhaywire and PhatVR6 pics to the first post - let me know if you want different pictures showing, these are just the ones I found :)

Wow - thanks, wasn't expecting that :oops: My car is a lot lower than that now, so I'll update my Gallery with some better pics over the weekend and you can take a couple from there.

Use the one from my sig for the time being as it's that ride height now :lol:

Cheers

Added Maddub and ScruffyDubbers to the picture list, although theres no room for them on this poll... we'll have to make more polls as suggested in order to accommadate all the entrys... We shouldn't need more than 3 categories, that means up to 30 cars can enter, 10 in each category

What should we have then? The main seperation I can think is Appearance, inside and out (A20 LEE, G60Renshaw etc.) and Engine / Drivechain (Henny, Banana Man etc.). I can't think of a third category tho... and do we really need one? What does everyone think?

Thanks for being mentioned in this poll, i'm genuinely humbled and pleased to have my car recognised. :oops: I am still new to Corrado ownership but have been loyal to sporting watercooled VWs for many years.

As far as the voting is concerned if it is for Forum Corrado of the Year, I would make the observation that some cars have been debuted before this year which includes my personal favourite car, Asim's Moonlight VR.

Furthermore others are works in progress, show immense promise and will be awesome when finished and some may even be in a league of their own performance wise eg Phat VR6 and Biggerbigben.

But for this year the debut of A20LEE was probably the Forum Car highpoint, certainly as far as the mooded cars go.

For me i'm just a OEM+ plus kind of person.Hence my RS splits which not only are split construction but split opinion.. :lol: :lol: :lol: .

C.jpg

100505006.jpg

wow, I'm honoured to be in that list considering the car has been in a constant state of build and never quite finished.

I can thin of so many that dereve a vote for a particular part of the car, but I can't say there is one car that's more complete, i.e. with every are worked upon, that biggerbigbens 1.8T syncro, yet that's not on the list!

Difficult one this as there are so many quailty corrados on here at the moment, all of the above are turely outstanding but if i had to choose one it would have to be bananaman, not because its better quailty than any of the others (god i hate them white wheels too) but for the huge effort he has put into his car over the past year to get it all sorted and not given up when it all went wrong etc etc . He deserves an award as i think i would of thrown it away months ago if it were mine...well done you get my vote anyway...

CRW_6046_pre.jpg

im gonna 2nd this,,,,,, spot on

Added Maddub and ScruffyDubbers to the picture list, although theres no room for them on this poll... we'll have to make more polls as suggested in order to accommadate all the entrys... We shouldn't need more than 3 categories, that means up to 30 cars can enter, 10 in each category

What should we have then? The main seperation I can think is Appearance, inside and out (A20 LEE, G60Renshaw etc.) and Engine / Drivechain (Henny, Banana Man etc.). I can't think of a third category tho... and do we really need one? What does everyone think?

i would have thought 4 categories would be better

original (or very close to original)

modified body work

tuned with original engine

transplant engine/drivetrain

that should divide the group up quite well and maybe the winners of each group could go head to head for an overall winner

it would also be quite handy to have a brief spec and history for each car as some of the newer forum members may not appreciate the blood, sweat, tears and barrow loads of money :lol: that has gone in to them.

Ok I'm liking the 4 categories... although is the Engine Transplant / Drivechain section needed? PhatVR6, Biggerbigben, Coxylaad and Maddub would be in that section, however since the only one finished is Maddubs should we be judging the others yet?

Phat - what's the current state of your car? and which section would you put yourself in (the stongest or most unique area of your car) when the car was in a driving state... namely before you started the R32 transplant?

doublezero, the reason everyone isn't listed is because we'd have 3228 members to choose from... and the outcome would still probably the same as this one. Also would you like to be included in this, as your car does look rather cool 8) Have you got any slightly higher res images of your car as the ones on car domain are a little small?

List so far:

Original

MoonlightVR

OSV

KevHaywire

Modified Bodywork

A20 LEE

Cheesy

G60Dan

G60Renshaw

Engine

Banana Man

Henny

Transplant

Maddub

PhatVR6 ???

not sure where to put ScruffyDubbers.. will have to ask him

I think it shouldnt get too complex, standard, slightly modified and heavily modified would all do as categories.

Hmm, not sure on mine on your list.

bodywork has been sort of done, but just the arches and door handles and a few other bits.

engine, well, I'm on my 3rd and I've only had it a year! I still reckon it was the quickest normally aspirated vr too, 14.4 1/4 mile.

interior? you lot haven't seen that yet, but it's the same as asim's.

transplant, you all know about those, the r32 and soon to be 4wd.

all work in progress though. mines next years car, not this years. stik scruffydubbers up on the list, his is much more well known than mine.

and double zero's is on the cover of this months pvw, so it can't be that bad! get it up/