Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

who do we thank for the corrado?

Erm, Corrado still was derived from the Spanish verb correr, to run.

how was the Scirocco visit organised??

Through contacts, that I may be able to tap into again. I should know more after Xmas, I hope, as I'm planning on meeting up with a few over in Germany.

Tempest

Erm, Corrado still was derived from the Spanish verb correr, to run.

how was the Scirocco visit organised??

Through contacts, that I may be able to tap into again. I should know more after Xmas, I hope, as I'm planning on meeting up with a few over in Germany.

Tempest

even if nobody from vw could make it to the 2005 meet, do you think any of your contacts could get a message from the people at karmann/vw, to be read out at the meet or put up on the forum for the anniversary of the last corrado's :wink:

i suppose we could all put our names on a thank you letter to karmann/vw to show our appreciation for the corrado :lol:

i suppose we could all put our names on a thank you letter to karmann/vw to show our appreciation for the corrado :lol:

I'll show my "appreciation" alright.... :twisted: ;)

i suppose you could wrap the letter around a brick :twisted:

Too right....show you them your appreciation for liberating you from the clutches of a Cavalier blander than Granny's gravy and popping you into a sexy black coupe.

Face it Matt, you are never going to get BMW refinement and road manners from a 10 year olf Volkswagen. For those of us that like to be kept awake at the helm, long live the C!

thats what i keep thinking, if i hadnt bought the c i would still be driving that crappy mr2 :roll: and there is no way i would even think of buying a bmw i can only think of a couple of beemers that come anywhere near the level of style of the corrado

and despite the high maintainance costs and tendency for something else to allways go wrong with the corrado i still love it and dont think i will sell it for a very long time (i really need a girlfriend dont i) :lol:

I've had my share of Bimmers and they're not all that. What is a taxi in Germany is considered a demi-god in this badge orientated country. If I want build quality, I'd go for an Audi, not a BMW or Merc.

But anyway, the C pisses all over a Bimmer for feedback, turn-in and a rewarding drive, except maybe the Z3M coupe which requires melon sized balls to tame.

Too right....show you them your appreciation for liberating you from the clutches of a Cavalier blander than Granny's gravy and popping you into a sexy black coupe.

Face it Matt, you are never going to get BMW refinement and road manners from a 10 year olf Volkswagen. For those of us that like to be kept awake at the helm, long live the C!

:lol: good to see your surreal-statement-generator working well tonight, Kev.. :)

What's a real shame is that they (all the normal car companies) have totally lost the plot. There are no driver's cars out there any more in the "mass" market. What's the point of paying the VW price premium when they don't offer any more power, or any more steering feel than a Vauxhall these days? Ok, they might go round corners a little quicker, but if you can't feel what's going on, it's just as boring..

The Corrado has a point. One of the last and best fwd mass-market yet somehow exclusive Coupes. If you want to better it for driving experience (apart from the rattles and shakes ;) ), you have to go two-seater, rear wheel drive and exotic insurance quotes!

IMHO. ;)

No I'm NOT queuing up to buy a fast Vauxhall, just to see that one off before it hits the rumour mill.. ;)

except maybe the Z3M coupe which requires melon sized balls to tame.

my mates got one of those and it`s an absolute beast ..... was sh!t scared every second i was in it.....150mph coming upto a roundabout... i shut my eyes!!! :lol:

:lol: good to see your surreal-statement-generator working well tonight, Kev.. :)

What's the point of paying the VW price premium when they don't offer any more power, or any more steering feel than a Vauxhall these days?

No I'm NOT queuing up to buy a fast Vauxhall, just to see that one off before it hits the rumour mill.. ;)

Ahh, so glad you appreciate it :lol: It's due for a service pack soon!

The Vauxhall Monaro and VX220 are worthy of note.....but they're not Vauxhalls. VW did it all on their own with their own products and I think they did a pretty fine job of it, given the restraints of their strict German accountants.

Wouldn't say no to one of those Monaro's, I gotta say.. the prices are very sensible considering what you are getting, and what kind of tat is out there at a similar kind of price. Must have good presence on the road too as its not exactly a small or subtle car ;) :)

The biggest restraint is the health and safety lot, not the accountants.. Without them the world would be a lot more fun (and only slightly more dangerous..) :) Did you know my local cinema told me they're not allowed to turn the overhead lights off above the screens during the films for "health and safety" reasons? I pointed out that if I wanted to watch a film in daylight I would stay at home and leave the curtains open...

There's another point though - to try to compare the VX220 and the Corrado is plain meaningless, they're completely different beasts. The Corrado was designed to be a sporty looking 4-seat car with boot space, comfort and economy in mind. It just happens that at the time the chassis engineers got to fit some pretty stiff bushes and some pretty agricultural suspension links that made the car feel alive at the helm. The VX220 was designed from the ground up to connect your finger tips with the front wheels, and your arse with the back wheels. Comfort and economy weren't even on the tick-sheet...

Not that you did try to compare. ;)

Comparing the C to other limited volume projects from main-stream manufacturers would be more reasonable... (Perhaps some of the other cars that came out of the Karmann factory, in fact!)

even vauxhall's "revolutionary new diesel engines" are rebadged fiat/alfa romeo jtd engines arent they?

Are they? Well it wouldn't surprise me - Vauxhall never made a diesel engine in their lives, IIRC. Certainly the 1.7d and 1.7td models were either Subarus or brand...

. The VX220 was designed from the ground up to connect your finger tips with the front wheels, and your arse with the back wheels.

the lotus elise was designed from the ground up and then had the vx220 body stuck on top :wink:

even vauxhall's "revolutionary new diesel engines" are rebadged fiat/alfa romeo jtd engines arent they?

Are they? Well it wouldn't surprise me - Vauxhall never made a diesel engine in their lives, IIRC. Certainly the 1.7d and 1.7td models were either Subarus or brand...

hyundai :shock:

i used to have a diesel astra as a company van with the hyundai engine it was utter crap :lol:

i read somewhere that the corrado was designed by someone from ferrari, aparently it was the last ever car that he worked on. i think it was on the ccgb website, which is nomore ? anyone know whats happend to it

whats this 2005 aniversary meet all about , any info ?