Sign in to follow this  
alby

suspension upgrade for 300 quid ish

i've budgeted for 300 quid to spend on my valver to sort the suspension.

i'm not expecting champagne suspension for lemonade money but can anyone reccommend a half decent set up for around 300 quid.

coilovers are out of the question cos i dont want to spend more than half what the cars worth. i rarely use the car anyway,just looking for a 40mm ish drop and still retain a civilised ride(i value my spine)

there are so many kits available but the wietec ultra gt kits and the vipertech kits from venom sound reasonable.

does anyone have any experience of these kits or can offer an alternative?

cheers

:D

I've got a boge kit on mine, I got it from GSF IIRC it was less than £250, it's low enough, but the ride is well hard!!

I had a Vipertech Dropshox kit from Venom.

I found it fine, dropped the car quite nicely without making the ride too harsh.

Only had the car for 6 months after fitting so can't say how durable they are.

I had Weitec on my 1800 16V, top gear IMO. Removed and fitted to my G60 Golf, now in the hands of g-man. It stood up to 3-4 years of flat out driving and track days.

Gavin

I had Weitec on my 1800 16V, top gear IMO. Removed and fitted to my G60 Golf, now in the hands of g-man. It stood up to 3-4 years of flat out driving and track days.

Gavin

Gavin

was that the gt kit or coilovers?have you got any pics so i can check the ride height out?

a mate has the gt kit on a mk3gti and hes quite pleased with it but it hardly looked lowered and was supposed to be -40mm

yalan....thanks for that.i've been looking at the c&r website and they only seem to list one kit for all corrados(-40mm).perhaps i should get on the blower to them tomorrow.

was yours the gt kit?how does the ride quality compare to standard?

mike edwards.....valid point but i really want to get it a wee bit lower.ive experimented with lowering springs/standard shocks in the past and never been too happy with the ride.

the last couple of times ive bought coilies so i can get a set up i like.i cant justify the cost on a car i rarely use/didnt cost alot.

APEX kit is quite good also give a std-ish ride comfort with 40mm 0r 60mm drop well under £300 too

Gavin

was that the gt kit or coilovers?have you got any pics so i can check the ride height out?

a mate has the gt kit on a mk3gti and hes quite pleased with it but it hardly looked lowered and was supposed to be -40mm

The front was very low but you could even it up with the adjustable platforms on the rear. It was the TA GT kit. Sorry no pictures cos this was in a time before digital cameras!!!

I did have it set hard all round cos it handled best like that. If you back it off more than a couple of turns the dampers lost control of the springs. It couldn't have been all bad as my wife never complained about it, even after we had our first nipper.

I completely endorse the kit if you are looking for some positive feedback on it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I suspect if you read up, the -40mm would be from a std golf not a GTI. My mate has the same kit on his MK3 and I rate that highly too. He thinks its too hard, I just tell him he is too old :lol: Which bites cos he is younger than me, just..

Gavin

yalan....thanks for that.i've been looking at the c&r website and they only seem to list one kit for all corrados(-40mm).perhaps i should get on the blower to them tomorrow.

was yours the gt kit?how does the ride quality compare to standard?

Yup - mine was the VW001 GT corrado kit (supposedly for the VR6).

Also bought their 'comfort pack' consisting of

suspension top plates

top mount bushes

dirt shields

MK4 front bumpstops

strut top mounts

top mount plates

rear bump stops

total came in at £360 inc VAT

Ride isnt too bad on day to day driving but can be a bit jolting over poor roads.

aaaaaaahhhh :oops:

having a crisis now.having been reading thru this forum and from what i can gather h and r springs seem to be the best.

i can get the springs for 90 +vat,bumps stops etc for 50 +vat.now i dont know what shocks to get :mad:

i really should make my friggin mind up :oops:

i'm so confused :?: bloody tinterweb :lol: