Sign in to follow this  
A20 LEE

Bugg#r, where do i put a CD Changer?

my boot is completely filled with sub's, amps, caps and power distribution so no room for the CD changer. I've got no glovebox, where the hell do i put the Alpine 6disc? Ideas?

What about the 'hump' in the rear bench?

thought about that, its not as deep as you think. May have to have a new armrest made.

False ceiling above the rear seats, with it facing forwards?

Deoends how many lanky people you transport in the back :)

i know for a fact pioneer ones fit lik they were meant to go into the armrest. alpine changer must be bigger..... you could cut a glove box back into your dash!! :lol::lol::lol::

ill get me coat..... :lol:

where the hell do i put the Alpine 6disc? Ideas?

Leave it In the garage, just use an incredibley long connecting lead! :roll:

But really, what about a bracket under the shelf passenger side..?

tbh if u got ur boot full of subs its prob not worth having a disc changer,,,,,,,,prob jus skip with all the bass????

might jus be talking sh1t like usual but ones i seen in the past (few yrs back) skipped like crazy on lowered cars with bass

Can you mount a CD change upside down? i.e the magazine drops out of the bottom. Then i could mount it in the cavity where the glovebox used to be and cut a hole in the underdash shelf for the mag to drop out of.

kevhaywire,

he`s got no glovebox!

What?? No where to put one's leather driving gloves? What kind of motoring enthusiast does he think he is?

CD Changers SchmeeD changers.....b#llocks to that ancient technology. Get an Alpine 9835R and you will be hard pressed to spot the difference between MP3 and CDA files....just stick X amount of albums on one disc. Changers indeed.....Noah chucked his overboard years ago.

tbh if u got ur boot full of subs its prob not worth having a disc changer,,,,,,,,prob jus skip with all the bass????

might jus be talking sh1t like usual but ones i seen in the past (few yrs back) skipped like crazy on lowered cars with bass

You've seen my install & of course the little extra weight, i don't have any probs with skipping.

My Alpine 6-disc changer fits like a glove under the rear armrest.

Problem solved, pic?

No problem....the changer just stands on its end under the armrest. It's a good enough fit not to need fixing down. These Germans think of everything!

What about the 'hump' in the rear bench?

thought about that, its not as deep as you think. May have to have a new armrest made.

Hmmm :?

Ive been putting a 10 disk kenwood one in there for years with no problems on my C's :?

Valver, there's about 8mm clearance under the passenger seat when it's on it's lower setting... :|

Aye.. in fact thats such a lousy design I can't fit the rear rubber VW 'winter mats' under my seats as I have them set to their lowest and the mats are just too think.. had to stick with the thin carpet ones I have instead!