Sign in to follow this  
Cougar

Disable your wing in ice and snow

I posted this on another C forum. I usually disable my wing when ice or snow is expected but forgot last night. We got alot of ice overnight and as I got on the highway ths morning I heard Grrrrr krak krak krak and saw that the wing wasn't going up. I think I may have distroyed the gears or the motor.

Good advice, if weather is coming, pull the cover inside the hatch and pull the manual button out a notch to disengage the drive to the wing. May save you a headach.

I don't think winter really gets cold enough here for the spoiler to freeze up! :)

but car is in Garage and the rice is on the drive :-P

Ah no worries then :D Just pop the frozen rice in the microwave for a few mins and it'll be drivable again :D

Ah no worries then :D Just pop the frozen rice in the microwave for a few mins and it'll be drivable again :D

don't forget the teaspoon of water over the bag first! 'Tis a good point though, have occasionally thought a severly iced over spoiler could be a strain on the motor, but surely VW would have thought of that at the design stage!?

don't forget the teaspoon of water over the bag first! 'Tis a good point though, have occasionally thought a severly iced over spoiler could be a strain on the motor, but surely VW would have thought of that at the design stage!?

err, isn't that what the correct rating fuse is for??? :?

David.

Don't re-heat rice! Biggest cause of salmonella, or so I've heard... :?