Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

us headunit

nope sorry dude - tuners are diff. we use 50KHz steps US uses 200HKz steps. some US ones are switchable tho.

if you dont want radio go for it.

It's unlikely to be DAB ready, as the US use satelite radio (XM) instead of DAB. Also the tuner will not have RDS on it as the US doesn't support it!

A friend of mine bougth a us spec'd Pioneer, which went wrong, and he couldn't get it fixed - no parts available in the UK. Funny thing was it looked identical to the uk model apart from the model number and name (pioneer = premier in US) :!:

If you want one for MP3 then go for it - I don't usually listen to the radio anyway, so bought an Alpine 'phantom face' HU last year.........saved about £300 on retail price in UK (and that includes the postage!!!) :shock: :mrgreen:

If you want one for MP3 then go for it - I don't usually listen to the radio anyway, so bought an Alpine 'phantom face' HU last year.........saved about £300 on retail price in UK (and that includes the postage!!!) :shock: :mrgreen:

Nice unit the Phantom Face. It's an £800 stereo over here!

The top Alpines are really good at the moment, much better than they were a few years ago.

its a nakamichi its about a quater of the uk retail and they are amazing need radio though need someone to talk to on those lonely drives!!!