Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Running hotter and Clutch questions

Hi All

Just got my car back from a rather long and expensive trip to the garage. Among the list of repairs the Timing chain is now sorted :) no more tin can sounds.

Anyway just taken the car out for a blast and noticed its getting hotter than it used to. Now sits around 100 - 110'c water and 112'c oil. Used to be around 90-95'c water and 106'c oil. This anything to be concerned about ? Same driving conditions. Fan came on for about 5mins after i got home. Never done that before, used to maybe flick on for a few seconds. Possible airlock ?

Also clutch was replaced, what a difference that makes effortless gear change. But is the peddle meant to feel really light ? had a nice weight too it before.

Cheers

Make sure to check all of your hoses, flanges, and temp sensors to make sure you aren't running a coolant leak...That was the culprit of my car running hot...

As for the clutch- I'm not quite sure about that question- but I'm going to change my gear oil this weekend and let you all know how that went.

All sounds perfectly normal to me. Apart from the 100-110'c water temp...

If it's really that hot it'd be blowing out the top somewhere, not good to sustain those temps.