Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

OH YES, MAYBE THERE IS A SANTA!?

Ok guys I have won the Silverstone- The Grand Prox of Driving Experiences.

I entered a competition a couple of months ago, think it was in the daily star! Anyway, this is the first time I have ever won anything good!

Now I would like you'r advice/suggestions as to what to drive? I know we are all different but your thoughts would be appreciated, these are the cars I can choose from.

1)Rally (presumably an Impreza- what spec it is will have a bearing on wether I choose it)

2)Single seater (F1 style I hope maybe the most rapid)

3)Caterham (I've heard how quick they are but not sure if I would ever want one)

4)Lotus Elise, ever since i first saw this car I wanted one and that was before Ii found out how good they are, I have a big soft spot for this car.

8) :lol: :) :D :wink:

Caterham or the Rally car. I can really recommend the Caterham though having driven one at Silverstone on a similar day. Wet track + RWD = Spin!

Enjoy!

Tom

I had the Elise at Donnington aabout 5 years ago mate as a birthday present from my lovely wife, they let you really cane it which surprised me and to be honest it was one of the best days ive ever had with my clothes on, the car was even better than i ever thought it would be and would highly recommend it to anyone, infact it was so good my 4 year old daughter is called Elise. :D , if i was going for one now i would probably choose the Caterham though so i could compare it with the Lotus.

samm_cvr6, what do you wanna do? i.e. spin up or run round a track?

Personally I'd go for the Lotus Elise, will be good at both... If not that then the caterham

A mate of mine did a 3 car trackday thing recently. He really hated the 7 as it was a motorbike engined one and he couldn't get his head around the sequential shifting.

If youre not a big petrolhead, I'd go for the Elise, they are very quick for a road car considering the low output. It might spoil a good day while you are getting false neutrals and stuff.

Certainly they were a match for my Golf G60. I used to do them on the brakes though at Oulton. Then they got me back on the straights.

Gavin

i did the singles seaters at brands hatch a couple of years ago, quality!! got to cane an audi tt round the track with the instructor to learn the lines and then have some time in the single seater. was a formula brands single seater. had an audi engine in i do believe. not easy to drive and only did about 100 mph on the main straight, but 2 inches off the floor and it was something else!!

the rallying normally consists of learning in a 2wd car then progressing to a 4wd-group N spec or something. quick but not a wrc car.

would highly recommend the single seater experience to anyone especially if you like karting!!

have fun whichever you choose, its something else!!!

go for the single seater the others are still road cars they arent made for the track from my motorbike days road bikes were pants on the track i raced a honda and had a ducati on the road i always used the honda on the track even if you know a tiny bit about motorbikes youll know thats a big difference ie ducati is a dream bike! but if you want the track experience its got to be the track based car ive taken a van diemen around brands wow it was amazing no horse power but handling you wouldnt believe!!!!