Sign in to follow this  
martinholmesuk

Automatic models

Hi there i'm new here,

My work mate has a 1995 VR6 Storm and I like it very much. My current car is a Volvo 480 Turbo with ECU mod..

What are the autoboxes like on the Corrado and what models come with them?

I'm looking for the most 0-60 wise but it has to be the automatic model. I'm used to turbo power so the supercharged version sounds nice or does the 6cyl model go better? I found that making modds to the 480t is not easy and there are no aftermarket kits :cry:

My other cars in the list are

Nissan 200SX (with the boot) , Volvo S70 T5 saloon or 944 2.5lt.

Cheers and merry christmas. :D

Hello there, do I recognise your name from the volvo 480 club europe forum (now sadly departed)? I had a 480 turbo prior to my C VR6. I've actually had 2 turbos(with bleed valves around 0.9 bar boost IIRC, but std ECU) and 1 ES in my time.

Dunno about autoboxes however but manual version of 480 turbo is no match for VR6 'rado, at least in the state of tune mine was in. Get VR over 4000rpm and it takes off like a scalded cat!

Get one, you know it makes sense!!

Hello There,

I don't remember your fourm name on the 480 club or was it another name you had?

You can have your ECU modded for £80 to produce around 170bhp up from 120bhp.

Forum member Richard does them and all the fuel maps have been changed and the boost is well off the gauge now.

Anyways back to the Corrado. I deff need a automatic and manual is out of the game for sure.

I believe the Corrado auto boxes are not held in particularly high regard from everything I have read, and they are spectacularly expensive to get fixed if they go wrong so trying to find as well a looked after low mileage version as possible would be absolutely essential.

The VR produces 190BHP, and regardless of the fact it has no form of forced induction, it goes like stink - sub 7 second 0-60, a top speed around the 150MPH mark and a soundtrack to die for - you really won't be dissapointed if you get the chance to drive one.

Thankfully the auto's are generally owned by more sensible (older!) owners so you are less likely to find a thrashed one... AND they don't really fetch as good money so you might be able to get yourself a bit of a bargain :)

Welcome aboard!

I don't remember your fourm name on the 480 club

I used my proper name David Thornber on the 480 board, and before the facelift to the newer board, 'nutter' (I think, so long ago!)

Good luck on your search, you'll not regret it.

if your workmate's storm is a genuine enough storm.......then it'll also be even rarer as in 1 of 20(10 green/10 blue)........though the autobox isn't meant to be that great once its had a few miles under its belt and can be an absolute fortune to fix too............it all really depends on your driving style too.........i like autos in certain motors(diesel mercs,RR's etc) but i would deffo not have a VR6 auto............by the sounds of it you're not too bothered about space/practicality either so my choice would be between the Porker(biased of course :twisted: ) and the Nissan

Hi there,

Yes it's a real vr6 storm that he owns. Very nice car and goes very well.

David, I do remember your name!

I'm drifting back to the 480t, It's a car that most volvo nutters can't seem to leave.