Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Centre Console

Can anyone please help me with some guidance on removing / replacing the plastic centre console on a 93 VR6? My current one is cracked but I have another from a scrapeyard that can go on in it's place. Obviously the stereo, gauges, ash tray etc. are going to have to come out. Any piccies or advice would be welcome!

On an aside what's the best service / workshop book to buy? Was a Haynes ever produced for the Corrado?

Thanks!

Depends which bit you mean. Have you had a look at it and are now stuck, or are you just after some advice first?

Can you help us with a pic detailing the bit(s) you're replacing?

The "tunnel" in front of the instruments needs to come off to give access to the retaining screws, as do the centre vents, heater controls and - as you say - the ashtray.

What gauges were you thinking off btw?

Thanks to Father Xmas giving me a new camera I can provide a photo!

If you look at the attached you will see the crack in the centre console. It's this section that I need to replace in the middle of the dash. Doesn't look too tricky, I just do not know where to start. I was hoping someone might be able to make a suggestion or point me in the direction of some instruction.

Oooh my fancy pants with his centre gauges.

If you take the console out, be very careful with the gauge surround cos you can't get new ones and if you can find one, they cost a fortune second hand.

Looks like whoever it was that tried to pry the stereo out damaged the dash shell as well as the centre console molding.

To get it out remove:

Heater controls(retaining screwes hold the console in place as well);

Stereo (makes things easier);

Ashtray (retaining screw behind);

Vents (retaining screw above passenger vent);

Optional gauges (2 retaining screws behind);

All the switches;

The trim around the instruments (shares a retaining screw with the centre console).