Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

what tools are you using?

Used to have the Bel-air box Darren which is very similar but mine was in boring red when i worked in the garage, but now i work from home and my garage is already full so i just have a plain old 9 drawer topbox and roll cab but it has an eagle plate with a flank drive in its talons which suits me as i have a harris hawk, couldnt get a corrado one :(

I've been using various Halford Professional tools for several years and it's all good... So much so that at the moment they have a special offer on their 150 piece tool set, reduced from £149.99 to just £99.99 and I decided to buy myself a Christmas present! Does mean I've got some duplicate tools now so I think maybe ebay time...

Also, they come with a lifetime guarantee! :-)

(Sorry if I sound like an advert for Halfords, but I'm really pleased with them!)

I've got Teng, the sockets are great,

Agree I have had a Teng set for ten years never had any problems still going strong.Must say the ratchet does feel a bit light weight but has never failed.Definitely recommend Teng :)

so could i intrest you in this then ? it has to go soon as our custom painted ones are almost ready for us to pick them up now... :lol:

£2k ovno

You'll have to get that Ford sticker off it first ;)

Ohh, a ford sticker I'll pay double :shock: :D :D :D

Got halfords proffesional stuff and Its pretty good. I've broken a lot of it though, mainly through abuse - hitting spanners with lump hammers and using very long extensions and adapters with very small sockets. Always replaced with no problems though - broke their 1/2" to 3/4" adaptor 3 times in 1 day once. Draper make some reasonable priced stuff too.

Actually I could do with a second set of spanners.... Hmmm

that halford 150pc set is sold out in my local store and online[schild=9 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Bummer-i`m iching to spend my Xmas money[/schild]

that halford 150pc set is sold out in my local store and online[schild=9 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Bummer-i`m iching to spend my Xmas money[/schild]

Did you ask as my store had loads in the shelves of the parts dept. Also noticed lots on the shelf at the Watford branch...

managed to break a snap on 1/2" ratchet and a teng 1/2"ratchet trying to undo an engine mount on my brothers geep (crap jago jeep)

but the halfords pro socket got the thing off using a trolley jack bar on the handle :lol:

the only halfords pro bits i have had a problem with are the universal joints, the ratchet spanners are excellent though as they are so slim they dont get in the way and i have even seen people smacking a 13mm ratchet spanner with a hammer and they still work perfectly afterwards

dont usually like using halfrauds for anything but i cant really fault the tools

...and some japaneese sounding sockets I've had for years which I don't seem to be able to break... 8)

as for me I use kamasa as I tend to hammer a spanner ! :-)

Ah, them's the bunnies! 8) Taken me smacking 7 colours out of 'em with large hammers and still going strong! :D :twisted: 8)

Regarding the special offer on the halfords 150 piece set, seems that has finished. I just called my local store and they've put it back up to £149.99

:(

I also try to use Snap-on where possible..... really like using them tools!

I have two 'magic' screwdrivers though which put my snap-on ratchet driver to shame though.....

one flat (which I found in my landrover ~ 8 years ago) and one philips (which I found in a breakers yard a similar time ago). Both are completely unphased by the serious abuse I give them and are made by Kamasa. I like alot!

Regarding the special offer on the halfords 150 piece set, seems that has finished. I just called my local store and they've put it back up to £149.99

Hmmm - they've been that price for a few months now, a bit silly to stick the price back up in January!

Its still advertised at 99 on the website but when you click it the price becomes 149! - might be worth speaking to the manager of your store and trying to blag it!

I tend to use Scruffythefirst. He's a pretty big tool

(you can decide on if the apostrophe is for an abbreviated is or has ;) )...

Hmmm - they've been that price for a few months now, a bit silly to stick the price back up in January!

Its still advertised at 99 on the website but when you click it the price becomes 149! - might be worth speaking to the manager of your store and trying to blag it!

That's a bummer, they were still £99 on Sunday, plus you're right they had been that price for months!