Sign in to follow this  
Ford

Warning triangle

Hi, bought a warning triangle from ebay that is apparently for a Corrado? I just want to confirm that it is definately original. Can somebody describe one for me/or upload a pic.

Mine is called a Euro Warndreieck and made by Gebra as far as I can see and the type is a Trimatic. Made in Germany and I think the part number is Votex 000 093 055D.

I know its a bit anorakish, but I want to know if I have been done out of money. I am not 100% convinced its original as it does't fit as snug as I would have thought. Also thought it would mention VW on it.

Many thanks

Mine's in the car.. Can't see the number right now (though it's listed in ETKA).

It's a very snug fit indeed, very close to ripping the opening due to it being to snug..

Yes that is the exact triangle I have in my car. Same make and part number. Orange case with no VW markings....because VW don't make it :wink:

Yep, as Matt says, the top of the triangle sits literally just below the zip, so it's an exact fit.

Ahh excellent, thanks you very much for that!! Was wondering if I had been duped. Glad to know its original. Like you say it is a very tight squeeze and gets in the way of the sponge at the top a bit.

Many thanks.

Yeah you can buy them still from the dealers. And at the risk of repeating myself, the Corrado triangle and First Aid kit are NOT car specific. They are generic items fitted to all VW/Audi cars at the time... infact they are still the same size 10 years on..... and the stuff in the FA box is certainly way past the use by date now anyway!