CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

ask him what he has used. The main problem is that the rear stub axles on the mk2/3/corrado are nothing like the rear setup on a mk4.

Ideally you need to find a car that had the same stub axle, but bigger discs, and I am not sure there is any.

Anyways what do you reckon about these revised options:

1. P1ss about and adapt this vr6 charger kit to fit - I reckon its going to cost me a grand to get it right.

2. sell the charger kit and buy a proper 24v charger kit that will just bolt on.

3. Sell both the charger and 2.8 engine and buy an R32.

or option 17. wait for the new audi TT R32 Turbo to come out and fit one of those :D

ignoring option 17 I am just not sure which to go for.

2 is probably a good move, depends how much is missing from the stuff you have.

I'd be interested in the 2.8 if you punt that and the charger to get an R32.

I will make a descision sometime in the future :D

Basically all I can use in the vr6 charger kit, is the charger.... everthing else will have to go the journey....

I think its got to be either 2 or 3.

I thought of another negative for the R32 swap - my engine has 9000 miles on it! and I would be getting rid of it!

madness!

anyways I will let you know how it all goes, should be doing a bit on it tonight so I will take some snaps.

a stage 1 vortech charger kit for a vr6.

Doesnt have a chip tho - but reading the charged thread, thats not really a minus lol

May be going up for sale...

you should hear it. It has no mechanical noises at all. Its would sound like a sowing machine next to a VR. it is litterally brand new. no road grime on it anywhere, plenty garage dust though :-)

Stop it!

We could do a part ex on my rims :-)

Only messing, sounds like a lovely engine and you'd be mad to part with it. Perservere with the charger route, but flog what youv'e got and get the 24V kit cause you'll get all the right injectors, brackets, hosing, chip, belt, pulley etc etc....

lol ok :D

I think I would rather have a trip over to america and buy a 24v vortech kit from over there and have a free holiday with the money I will save...

Back to the brakes, i have made a bracket up (out of wood) that fits 280mm discs on the rear. I tried to get 256mm discs but I just couldnt get them to fit, so 280s it is!!!

I have 312s on the front so they should have more braking power, and if I do find that the there is too much braking on the rear I will make up some porsche calipers to go on the front.

Mega stoppage :-)

With regards to the camber problem on 4x4 C's, is it not possible to shim the stub axles out to push the wheel back in line? I did this to correct too much neg camber on my nearside rear wheel.

couldnt help notice the free ipod sign!

as curiosity killed the cat whats the catch?

You put a link like his in your sig, get 6 million people to sign up, to some bs, and get a free ipod!

aye dont bother - its a pile of shyte, been meaning to take it out for ages.

anyways I cant shim the stub axle because the syncro system does not have stub axles it has full wishbones which the hbs press straight into.

Could I be bold enough to say that my car is now the only corrado on the planet with fully functioning (well will be when i pipe them up) 280mm vented rear brakes with audi S2/R32 rear calipers?

Could well be 8)

I will post a picture tomorrow as its on my phone and I have no way of transferring it at home.

See I am still making progress :-)

still undecided about the engine options

Excellent! If you're not the only one, have a cigar for being one of a handful ;-)

I'll bet they'll look and perform very well.

I say R32 it and go from there 8)

I cleaned the boot out and swept up all the iron filings the other day, it looks good inside now, apart from the fact that the boot floor is red and the rest of the car is yellow. But you have to look past that :)

I think for now I will pipe my brakes and maybes install a brake bias valve to stop the rears locking up.

then its exhaust time, then MOT time :-)

Still might need to sort out a 4wd controller so if there is any electronics experts hiding in the corners of the forum fancy a project then please contact me :-)

His are the late MK4/TT 256s IIRC...

From memory, they were 280mm. I spoke to him about them at inters a few years back.

He said the handbrake was soo powerful, you could use it as an emergency stop.

i tihnk it was TT calipers and custom brackets.

but im cant remember how he did it.