CoxyLaad

Coxys R32 4 Motion Corrado - On the Road!!!!

just to rub it in a bit more - paul, nice to see your 24v on the road - or rather going sidesways in a 4 wheel drift at harewood house :)

Comments made were a "DIG" at Coxy and in no way intended to diminish the time and effort that has gone in to actually GETTING YOUR CAR ON THE ROAD. (;))

Lets face it - most people don't get that far, and their projects end up SITTING IN THE GARAGE and never seeing the light of day..........

Oh, BTW, Coxy, did you enjoy the rugby at the weekend ????????? 8)

just to rub it in a bit more - paul, nice to see your 24v on the road - or rather going sidesways in a 4 wheel drift at harewood house :)

Comments made were a "DIG" at Coxy and in no way intended to diminish the time and effort that has gone in to actually GETTING YOUR CAR ON THE ROAD. (;))

Lets face it - most people don't get that far, and their projects end up SITTING IN THE GARAGE and never seeing the light of day..........

Oh, BTW, Coxy, did you enjoy the rugby at the weekend ????????? 8)

Rugby - oh yes! Come on England !! Can't beleive the Scots won, good effort!

Coxy.. any new pics.. Also where in Norfolk did you pick the red machine up from? Should have popped in to mine!

hello - quick update.

Completed the wiring of the R32 today and fired it up with no problems 8)

Its fecking loud with no exhaust on it though!

Ben, I will have some pics up tomorrow. I picked the red corrado up in Lowstoft just south of great yarmouth. What a treck it was too!

So now I am onto connected the rest of the front of the car up and moving onwards to that 4wd system we have talked about so much :-)

its only the 21st Jay - chill out lol :lol:

Alas its true, I may have to put back my launch date :lol:

I blame the ever evolving final design thats caused the delays. Actually no I blame you for making me think I didnt need 4wd lol

pics tonight mate. yes i have sorted the 4wd controller out, I am going to use the mk4 abs/esp/4wd controller like jay has. only mine will have something to control.

CoxyLaad, my insurance is still tha much for a 2ltr valver! good luck! the only thing I am looking forward about being old is getting past 25 for the insurance!

I'd rather have a paper round than a pension book H8RRA :indiff:

Come on then Mr laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ..lets see these pics!

i am having a nightmare tryning to get a decent insurance quote.

I cant get anything for less than a grand :(

At 30 thats not too good is it? Who have you tried?

I have tried so far:

Adrian Flux: 801 quid

HIC: 1035 quid

Brentcare: 935 quid

Thats the big three

Then I tried heritage on classic insurance, he wouldnt quote me but said it would be between 400 and 500 quid, which is more acceptable.

Then I tried Footman James, and they came in at 600 quid.

I verbally attacked one of telephone gonks and demanded to why the premiums were so high, considering I know people with charged VRs with higher outputs getting insured for 475 quid fully comp and used every day?! Their reply was this. "Its because of the engine you have put in, because its an R32 we have to insure it as an R32, and they are expensive" what a pile of tosh.

Funnily enough the next quote I got I never mentioned the words R32, instead said its now a 3.2 engine, and the quote when from a grand to 600 quid.....

robbing w*nk*rs

I tell ya, if I cant get the insurance costs down then I will sell the thing and build a kit car. My mate has a lotus seven and it will accelerate every bit as hard as my car, is more than likely not as safe, and has more chance of spinning off, yet his insurance is 186 quid, and thats with a bigger mileage allowance than I asked for!!!!

grrrrrr....... :(

ok here are the latest pics.

This is as it was tonight when ready to run. Need to get it all vag commed and stop those errors. spoiling things