Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

VR6 battery?

Think my VR6 might need new battery - been using my second car for week or so - just turning over the C. every other day but found the battery to be dead when came to use it! Used jump leads to start engine but following day was again drained (re. battery). Suppose there could be a short in circuit present - perhaps trouble with the full closure alarm (GT Auto). Anyway theres a Halfords battery on the car (as when i bought it) - advise me on what battery to get that will suit the Corrado VR6 best?

The Halfords ones are pretty good, I've got a calcium one on mine and it came with a 4 year Guarantee (maybe worth checking to see how old your is)

Otherwise GSF do the Bosch Silver's which are very good quality and 3 year I think... should be about £50

Can heartily reccomend the Bosch Silver - had one in each of my Corrado's and they've been very reliable! :)

Not sure which size the VR6 needs though.. possibly 53AH? Can someone else confirm that?

When I got a battery for my VR6, GSF supplied the 64Ah bosch silver. It fits fine, so assuming they're still the same size/shape, get the biggest capacity you can..

Your boot light could be staying on when the boot is closed and draining the battery.

It's worth having a check to make sure as I think it's quite common (I've certainly heard a few people talking about it)

Too late now! In a rush to get battery - GFS were closed yesterday(re. Monday) - so bought the relevent Halfords one - cost £60 (reduced from £75) Calcium battery. Guy said they were up by 20% power on VW ones ??? Anyway fitted and seems OK! Noticed the battery that came off car (also Halfords) was the wrong type recommended by the store for a VR6. Hope made right choice - 4 yr. guarantee :)

Too late now! In a rush to get battery - GFS were closed yesterday(re. Monday) - so bought the relevent Halfords one - cost £60 (reduced from £75) Calcium battery. Guy said they were up by 20% power on VW ones ??? Anyway fitted and seems OK! Noticed the battery that came off car (also Halfords) was the wrong type recommended by the store for a VR6. Hope made right choice - 4 yr. guarantee

Yep, 4 years for £60 ain't bad at all....