Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

A question for those running RS301's

I'm in the process of investing money into a set of these but i've got one question for those running RS301's looking at your car do you think its possible to run wider outer rims with arch mods. i know as standard they come with an inch and a half rim, but is there enough space to go wider maybe 2.5?

Not without arch mods, if your car is v. low it may need slight arch mods with the standard RS 301s. It is ride height dependant though if your high or firm enough then the arch may never come into contact with the tyre.

I had to roll the front and rear fenders to tuck the 7.5's...and the fronts still rub at full turn.

Corrado_058.sized.jpg

For comparison, with the same wheels I had no arch mods but the car doesn't ride as low.

BBS RS 301s are all PCD 5x100 ET 33 7.5x17 and the outer rim only sticks out about half an inch from the face of the wheel. The dish curves back in first creating the look of extra depth. With your proposed 2.5" dish you would have a 9.5" wide wheel with an ET of 9 and it would require serious arch mods.

Somthing like completely cut away the flat edge on the quarters and wings??

You need more than that. I have a friend that has 9's in the front and 9.5's in the rear. You will need to pull the arches out quite a bit. 8.5's you can probably get away with some minor work.

BBS RS 301s are all PCD 5x100 ET 33 7.5x17 and the outer rim only sticks out about half an inch from the face of the wheel. The dish curves back in first creating the look of extra depth. With your proposed 2.5" dish you would have a 9.5" wide wheel with an ET of 9 and it would require serious arch mods.

The 9.5 on an rs301 does require alot of work to the rear... this is a pic of what 9.5 in the rear and non modded arces looks like. And to drive the car sitting at that level is impossible

PB190003.sized.jpg

The front fenders had to be pulled 1inch to fit the 9. the rear in order to lower the car and not rub will almost need to be pulled 2inch

The 9.5 on an rs301 does require alot of work to the rear... this is a pic of what 9.5 in the rear and non modded arces looks like. And to drive the car sitting at that level is impossible

PB190003.sized.jpg

The front fenders had to be pulled 1inch to fit the 9. the rear in order to lower the car and not rub will almost need to be pulled 2inch

Russ is a froot... :hic:

PB190003.sized.jpg

Russ is a froot... :hic:

What is a froot???? somone drunk????

I had been looking at these wheels also they are 8x17 with a flat dish, trouble is with adapters they will be et10 so not much joy!!

Edited sorry wrong pic!!, i can pic these wheels up for about 500 quid and spend a grand on arch work, either that or pay 1500 for rs301's,

Or you could just wait a while until I've done mone and then decided to sell them. (especially if you're offering £1500!!!)

PhatVR6, SGi have got a set for sale and thats what their asking, honestly i did think that was a lil steep for 17's and i was in two minds about buying them.......i've now decided to leave it and consider other options.........i could cough up about a grand but thats my limit...either that or struggle like a mutha with the beemer wheels

Any idea what the ET would be on a 1" dish (8" rim) ?

would an 8" rim fit straight on without arch work ?

i'm in wheel limbo @ the moment,dunno if i should stick with the RS's or sell up & go for a set of 8x16 Compomotive MO's :|

Any idea what the ET would be on a 1" dish (8" rim) ?

would an 8" rim fit straight on without arch work ?

i'm in wheel limbo @ the moment,dunno if i should stick with the RS's or sell up & go for a set of 8x16 Compomotive MO's :|

reading previous comments sugguests it depends on the drop of the vehicle mate... 8's would look cool though

Yeah i'm not to keen on the 1/2 " lip look,just doesnt quite look right,but i'm worried if i do that i won't be able to slam the car low without arch work.

would probably get the centres sprayed the same colour as the car while i'm @ it if i take that route..

OSV put some 8' rears on his without any arch work. But if you want to go low like RSVR6, i'm pretty sure he had his rolled and even pulled out a touch.

I had been looking at these wheels also they are 8x17 with a flat dish, trouble is with adapters they will be et10 so not much joy!!

Edited sorry wrong pic!!, i can pic these wheels up for about 500 quid and spend a grand on arch work, either that or pay 1500 for rs301's,

There was a good straight set of RS303's on E bay that ended this week (a guy from E38) that sold for £870 delivered. You could have striped them down and polished the front lips for virtually nothing and got steel outers for the rears for £100 eachish. 4x100, but straight 5x100 301's would be the same.

OSV put some 8' rears on his without any arch work. But if you want to go low like RSVR6, i'm pretty sure he had his rolled and even pulled out a touch.

Arch work it is then unless i stick to the standard 1/2" lip - may look better with the centres colour coded.

i basically want the wheels sitting exactly like this -