Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

interior trim and rooflining

Was up at the workshop yesteday inspecting the work opn my C and noticed that the vinyl trim around the side rear windows is peeling away from the pannel itself.. has anyone experienced this ad if so how have you put this right?

My other problem is a rather shabby looking head lining... is there an easy way of cleaning this? What would people recomend?

Cheers

Phil

Was up at the workshop yesteday inspecting the work opn my C and noticed that the vinyl trim around the side rear windows is peeling away from the pannel itself.. has anyone experienced this ad if so how have you put this right?

My other problem is a rather shabby looking head lining... is there an easy way of cleaning this? What would people recomend?

Cheers

Phil

Should be easy to get secondhand parts. They have an easy life so should be mint.

Be very careful what you clean the roof lining with, the wrong cleaner can undo the glue that hold the fabric up.

I have a few spots on mine that have started to droop. I've got a plan to restore that using a pile of pins and a syring full of glue!!

I used a foam upholstery cleaner on my head lining at the weekend and it's come up a treat! Looks and feels no much better. My partner had commented that it felt a bit like an old taxi with the grubbiness of the head lining but now it lovely! I'll see what it's called and let you know.

Hopefully there won't be any delayed sagginess, as my previous car suffered from that on the doorcards after being professionally valeted.

Hopefully there won't be any delayed sagginess

nothing worse than delayed sagginess :lol:

mine needs doin as well especially round the sunroof

Halfords. Happened to be passing so thought I'd go take a look to see if they had it so I could post the correct name on here, otherwise I'd have had to wait until I got home this evening.

going to pick up my new radio front from halfrauds tonight (12quid for a new pioneer face 8) )

will pick up a can while i am there

cheers

I cleaned my headlining with autoglym interior shampoo and it did a great job but recently noticed the black trim across the rear of the headlining which is visible with the tailgate open is 'shrinking' so its pulled away at the edges - not sure if it's connected, wouldn't think so as the Autoglym is just a foam...

i used auto glym interior cleaner on my head lining and it came up brilliant , mix with water and rub on /rub off daniel son

as my name is daniel do you think it will work even better? all my mates said i should be good at polishing, (well they actually said trumpet polishing) :lol:

I used ambersil groom, water and a wet vacuum cleaner bought for £40 from argos. Really works well, when I emptied the cleaner there was loads of dirt.

Yes any foam lift will work. must be used in small areas at atime. very lightly sprayed and lightly rubbed with a dry, clean rasg. dont expect it clean on first attempt. once uve completed it all lightly wait a week and do it again. Rubbing too hard (or scrubbing) and overwetting is waht causes sagging. be especially carefull if it has a cardboard backing- it wld be best left if u do. hope this helps.

I used house hold carpet cleaer on mine... worked well and no loose material...

cheers for the pointers guys.. has anyone tried removing the headliner to make cleaning easier? just a thought but having it out in the sunshine (not sure where I'll get that from yet!) may help it dry etc...

Dont attempt that mate. its a very bad idea. Thats y u make it very slightly damp (less than damp) cos it dries in minutes, leave blowers on warm or windows open.

its quite easy to remove the roof lining (bit extreme for cleaning IMO) undo all the plastics on A,B and C pillars, plastics around the boot and it should just slide out?!

its quite easy to remove the roof lining (bit extreme for cleaning IMO) undo all the plastics on A,B and C pillars, plastics around the boot and it should just slide out?!

Thats how i did mine... had to change sun roof- so wasn't so bad taking it out :!: if you get b pillers off it will simply fall down.

yeah, me too... Roof liner was out to fit the moonroof on J-DUB (currently searching for one for the Grey one too! ;) ) so it seemed the perfect time to clean it... I used the autoglym upholstery cleaner too and it came up lovely... 8)