Sign in to follow this  
h100vw

Why move to Australia???

When I say I am emigrating to Australia, hopefully. Everyone says, why do you want to do that???

Well some scrotes did over my garage last night and fcuked my Snap On box and lifted a load of my tools. They cut a big hole in the back of the garage and ripped their way in.

Worst thing is the alarm wasn't on. Easy to forget to turn it on. I hope the insurance will cover it but who knows, they seem to always find a way not to pay up. Luckily I have/can get copies of the receipts for the new stuff I have bought, but the secondhand gear I wonder if they'll trust me?

The start of a $hitty day.

Gavin

:cry:

:mad:

A bit late in the day now I know, but if you need any alarm stuff I can help, my father owns a big alarm company!

Thanks mate. Just not looking forward to the fight with the insurance company. Where I find out they'll give me £50.....

If I'd caught them though handing out a kicking wouldn't have inproved my chances of emigrating cos you don't need a criminal record to get in any more. Sniff, trying to see the good side...........................

Cant fault you mate, a friend of mine is going in the summer.

I was looking into it too, but can't do it yet due to stuff here.

ah, Feck Gav, that's bad news... :|

Hope all goes well with the insurance... 8)

looks like the thieving chavscum plaugue is now driving people out of thier own country :mad:

my friends are the only thing that stop me emigrating to canada (well and the crap roads over there) :lol:

just watch out for the dunnie spiders :shock:

That's harsh Gav, I hope the insurance company cough up for you. With any luck one of the little scrote gits will impale imself on one of the spanners... :lol:

I'd love to go to Oz tho.

When I say I am emigrating to Australia, hopefully. Everyone says, why do you want to do that???

I say, Why not? Nice people, nice weather, lots of space. Can't fault it... well except for some of the wild life, like the flies in summer!

my friends are the only thing that stop me emigrating to canada (well and the crap roads over there) :lol:

I found the roads to be awesome in BC when I lived there for a year. However, that was compared to the shite we get in Norfolk.

I found the roads to be awesome in BC when I lived there for a year. However, that was compared to the shite we get in Norfolk.

the area where my brother lives is proper duelling banjo's country though,

the roads are pretty much dirt tracks for logging machinery, and suffer from an effect called "washboard" where once a lorry has gone over a small lump in the road and the wheels bounce it causes a ripple in the surface which gets worse as each lorry passes over it :lol:

it was quite an experience driving a ford mustang with its antique suspension on roads like that :wink:

they dont re-surface the roads they scrape them flat with a huge blade on the front of a huge truck :o

they also spray pine sap on the roads to reduce the dust that gets thrown up, unfortunately pine sap is quite acidic and eats your chassis away :roll:

your right though the roads where very good in and around toronto and the major towns

ah, Feck Gav, that's bad news... :|

Hope all goes well with the insurance... 8)

Only covered for 2K. Just enough to replace the roll cab. :roll:

Prolly gonna have to go with replacing the tools and scrap the box.

Off to B and Q for some steel mesh, an external siren, rocket launchers etc.

At least I got the passat running after it fail this morning. The ECU had gone. How many of you keep spares like that :?:

Later

gavin

Thats not good news Gav, sorry to hear that.

I can't wait to get back to Aus!! Its gonna be amazing when i can go and pick up my C from Sydney port and drive it over the harbour bridge !! Should get some strange looks !

How far are you into the residency application Gav ??

Took me the best part of 2 years to get mine all sorted, this will be my last winter in this country, then sun, sun, sun !! (most of the time!!)

Hi mate.. really feel for you.... I hate the way that us honest pepole work hard for the bits and bobs we want, only for some scumb to think it is their gods given right to take it for themselfs.

Thats not good news Gav, sorry to hear that.

I can't wait to get back to Aus!! Its gonna be amazing when i can go and pick up my C from Sydney port and drive it over the harbour bridge !! Should get some strange looks !

How far are you into the residency application Gav ??

Took me the best part of 2 years to get mine all sorted, this will be my last winter in this country, then sun, sun, sun !! (most of the time!!)

Assuming all goes well with DIMIA and medicals we could have the VISA in march/april. I should been to the agency yesterday to fill in the paperwork. But got sidetracked....

We started the process in October 2003. So it'll be getting on for 2 years by the time we move.

Bring on the sun :sunny:

And one of these for my late night visitors :2gunfire:

Thanks to benji16v for his loom order. That's a step in the right direction. Luckily the crimping tools survived

Gavin

Gavin, were you aware that once you've got the visa you have to make an 'initial' entry into the country within 6 months? Don't understand why they make us do this, basically, the visa won't be valid until its been stamped at the airport. I'm off to get it sorted Feb the 12th. So keep some ££ for a flight ! Good luck, the medical was a joke but they were fussy about the chest x-ray.

Also me and keystarG60 will be having a loom each, headlights are aweful !!