Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

Gready auto turbo timer

anyone know if these are compatible to any car want to fit one to my car so it can cool the charger down itself, instead of me sitting and waiting in the car for a min or 2

you won't cool the charger down with the engine running because its still compressing air. a turbo cools down cause the hot gases are flowing at a drastically lower rate and temperature when at idle.

I would say the best way to cool a turbo/supercharger is to use electric oil/water pumps and rad fans. No need to run the engine on (though in the case of a turbo, the moving air will help slightly I guess).

surely the only reason you need to run a turbo engine to "cool" the turbo down is because the turbo will still be spinning faster than the engine so it needs to spin down before you cut the oil supply to it. as the supercharger is directly connected to the engine you dont need to let it spin down as it will do this as soon as the engine reaches idle speed. just let the oil circulate for a couple of seconds and then switch it off and let the car cool itself down with the fan

so the vote is, for me definantly not worth £111 then

boo, cheers anyway

maybe not £111 ! But I got mine brand new off ebay for about £45 !!! The manual was in Jap but you can download an english version off the website.

Also people don't install these things for sh*ts and giggles, they are built for a reason and thats to pro-long the life of ones turbo!

I have one and I'm going to be fitting it soon!

i see your's is a turbo, as you've got the distructions can i fit on to my car then

You can fit it to your car but there really isn't a point in it if it's supercharged, as you dont need to leave the car running to cool the oil down as it wont be boiling hot like a turbo'd car. You only need one in a turbo'd car where oil will sit in the turbo housing and will over time wreck the oil seals.

Have you got a clifford alarm if you have and really want to keep the engine running for a minute or 2 get the intelli start add it is a nice trick gadget and you can start your car and get in with it already nice and toasty warm on those cold frosty mornings 8) Just my opinion