Sign in to follow this  
vwfastg60

Newbe project pic post(lots of pics)

vwfastg60, if your a 'newbe' carrying out all that work - that must make me unborn as yet. Really nice car, makes me want to a get a red rado really does.

vwfastg60, if your a 'newbe' carrying out all that work - that must make me unborn as yet. Really nice car, makes me want to a get a red rado really does.

wanna swap? lol

Ok you guys are going to kill me *hides under desk* im gutting the car. Im sure you guys saw i was MIA for a few months...took a bit of time away from the computer and the car. Made alot of 4wheeling trips and i have come to find out that im unhappy with the car. Its winter now and the car wont be seeing any drive time for like 6 months sooooo tear it down and do it perfect i will lol

Im selling everything i dont need or want off the car and i set up everything in advance this time so i dont run in to the issue i had before with flakes.Shops are lined up and same with people and places for the car to be tuned. heres the new mod list of what i have picked up so far.

3.0vr6 with JEpistons and pouder rods

P&P head big valves and springs...retainers

Fuel pumps and injectors

Super T77 dual inlet turbo

Air to air IC (bar and plate)

Recaro front seats

new grill and eyebrow

suspension pieces like the rear beam(thanks joey)

more suade and more power ! its going to be rocking side pipes now and some sideskirt work to make it fit perfect. im going to hit the dyno with this motor first but the goal for power is around 600 hp. Im selling my motor 2 extra trannys and 2 vr swaps the chargers are gone or spoken for. If anyone wants anything off it let me know....also thinking about a color change but i dont know thats still up in the air. im also doing something else but im not letting it out to everyone til its ready for paint...it has to do with a lot of wires and has welding and filler work involved :twisted:

Parts on the way...Short runner,3inch downpipe back...vr euros bye bye g60 ones. new "sideskirts"

and just cause im sure you guys havent seen the car in action....we took it out and did some filming with it for one of the guys on vortex...sorry theres no hood or hatch or rear bumper but at least its not another pic at my house lol.

any input on the color?Im thinking the purple would be ok but it picked it out when i was 16 and i think it would be cool to mix it up...i want simple clean not flashy. watch the movie and after that you will see more of the stance of the car the bounce will go away cause im going to throw those crappy pss9's on something im not going to slam like this. anyways enjoy

Right click save as please

http://digitalmishaps.com/russell/katrina_small.wmv

very nice video, although I'd prefer to see it without the 'castles in the sky' soundtrack so I could hear more of the engine. Love the mad-max looks of the thing when the cameraman pulls up alongside at the end...pure cool.

see what you mean about the bouncyness, the front end did seem to be hopping alot, which aint good!

Heh heh, I like the drive by shot with the guy saying 'ohhh shi....' :lol:

The bit at the end is very Mad Max tho 8)

Shame there's not a bend in sight tho :(

:lol: Nice one Russ. Got you pm, i'll give you a proper reply later as i'm off karting with MJ in 10mins. Looks like we're going to be swapping notes on turbos too!!

yeah i have the clip with out music....I have to have my friend re host it tho cause he pulled it down for this one..It also has a bunch of other stuff on it and is longer but you can hear the car better...The coilovers SUCK ther epss9's and there on there way to the dumpster for the reason of.....the car doesnt stay on the ground!

In about a week my motor will be coming out...its already up for sale. Im ready to go crazy playin the waiting game on a few parts to sell so i have room.I also got word from my friend that hes going to be out of state for 6 months and i have to shop sit for him so i will have a 12 car shop with a spray booth and any tool at my disposal. I just wish he was here cause he can do leather work like i have never seen.He gave me his uncles number and im dropping my recaros and the rest of the seats and cards for him to recover AGAIN...looks like it will be a long winter but well worth it...I will try to get that other vid up tonight.

question for you guys..Where could i find a stering wheel hub to fit a momo wheel thats billit or polished and not the 3 bar style that momo offers? Also any new color ideas or should i stick to the purple?

thanks guys

vwfastg60, there was a guy offering some very nice looking polished steering wheel hubs on here a while ago, i dont remember his username though... I've a feeling he was making them himself and was actually based on your side of the pond....

er used the search and it was RS VR6! :? :lol:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24415&highlight=polished+hub

just watched the 2nd video... that rocks! the end bits even better with the engines providing the tunes :)

whats the specs on the camera car? obviously another rado, sounds pretty good itself!

just watched the 2nd video... that rocks! the end bits even better with the engines providing the tunes :)

whats the specs on the camera car? obviously another rado, sounds pretty good itself!

The camera car is a g60 milled head (high compression) and an eaton charger with 15psi...chip intake custom charge piping at that point he was running it mid muffler removed and 2.5 cat back. hes also done alot of porting and polishing work to it...its pretty quick for a g60. He never thought i would pull from him like i do or even beable to let him start before me and catch him and even pass him if i wanted to. You cant really see but i hit my brakes so i didnt pass him. I know hes looking for a vr now tho :lol:

I will have to remember the song thing for when the corrado comes out cause we have a huge movie planned when its done. can there be music just when theres a good spot to floor it then its motor music? I guess we can leave music out of all of it too tho.