Sign in to follow this  
Just 1.8 16V

Poor Headlights II

Well everyone associated with corrado's know the headlights are not the best at anytime. I have personally done the wiring loom upgrade on my car and it has improved things slightly.

But I noticed that the light reflectors are starting to delaminate and aren't very reflective anymore. The question I have is does anyone out there know where the headlight reflectors can be purchased on there own without having to spend a small fortune on completly new headlights? V.W only stock the complete headlight or glass lens.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

No company that im aware off sells the reflectors on there own. All you can really do is keep an eye out for someone selling the lights second hand or take a trip to a breakers.

Just 1.8 16V, Welcome to the forum...

The early headlamp units are relatively cheap from VW now considering they come complete with the lenses, I'd buy a new pair and stick yours on eBay!

Two headlights have just come up on ebay, might be worth keeping an eye on them and see how much they go for.

if you know someone with a vw parts discount card you can get the complete headlight units for under 60 quid each

The brand of the stuff i used was hycote chrome finish.Should be able to get from halfrauds! might take a few coats to get a good finish

i know that Oichan re did his with an electroplating process.

must of been on his site i saw this. or on vortex...

hmm :?