Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

HIC or Adrian Flux????

Right, My insurance is up on the 19th, and have had two good quotes for my mildly modded 2.0l 16v

Adrian Flux - £643 with £300 excess fully comprehensive with protected no claims, guarenteed curtosy carand £500 audio cover

HIC matched Adrian Flux for £643, but with an excess of £475, and additional track day cover, 90day green card for abroad, increased audio cover to £1500, and said that I would be able to get my car back as salvage if I ever crashed it! :D 8)

What experiences have people had with these two companies? The HIC offer seems to be better, but the excess is higher :(

Any thoughts would be appreciated :!:

I was with HIC for a year, no problems. The following year Adrian Flux beat my renewal quote so I went with them. After a few weeks they sent me a letter saying my alarm wasn't cat1 & I needed to get a new one - so gave me the number of their recommended company :roll: I refused to get a new alarm, never had trouble in the past, so called HIC, they said they don't know what Adrian Flux were on about & it was fine, so I went with HIC. But not before paying a penalty/fine for cancelling with Adrian Flux. Would never use them again. They were a real pain. HIC always seem very helpful.

Other people my have experienced happenings the other way round, this is just what happened to me.

I got sick ov beening on hold for over 20 mins wen ringing HIC, currently with Adrian flux as they gave me a cheaper quote and had no problems all year.

try brentacre insurance mate, they were alot cheaper than adrian flux & hic when i insured my car. and very helpfull :D

I'd go with Brentacre too. I've also used HIC and Flux in the past with no serious complaints other than their lack of knowledge and hold times.

Brentacre may charge a little more but their excellent claims performance and VW knowledge make the little extra worthwhile.

And the biggest boon with the Brentacre policy is you don't have to pay a £30 admin fee every time you make a change to the policy, like you have to with HIC and Flux. And the policy is completely open (inc roll cages) bar a generous capped power level.

Do you know what time they close, cos I've just tried them, and the phone just rang and rang....did I have the right number - 01792 650933???

I was with Adrian Flux last year, but HIC gave me a quote that was £245 less than what Flux were wanting so now I'm with them. Also got a good quote from Greenlight.

They were exceptionally busy when I called them today (Brentacre) but I did get through... John is a Corrado owner, and is well aware of the forum.. he knows what he is talking about.

I'd rather I had that kinda support at the end of the line rather than some call centre plonker who asks you to spell out Corrado! :)

I got sick ov beening on hold for over 20 mins wen ringing HIC, currently with Adrian flux as they gave me a cheaper quote and had no problems all year.

Same as above - were with HIC for 3 years, but got sick of their ridiculous hold times and increasing renewal quotes every year - this year they wanted about a 30% increase.

Flux gets my vote so far.............

Ok, interesting developments....

Brentacre are offering £594.70 £350 excess

Greenlight are offering £499.25 £300 excess

I'm shocked :shock:

The only drawback is only £500 audio cover

I have never managed to get a decent price from Brentacre!

I never had a prob with the audio cover limit (Only a head unit) would rather put my money into horsepower :) but horses for courses!

Never had any bother with greenlight, Always got a cracking deal!

Have you tried Greenlight??

I have been with them for years, v.good!

I use greenlight for my 20vt £670 f/c with 25k business miles per year