Sign in to follow this  
vwfastg60

White corrado make over what do you think about this idea

ok my white g60 is about to be put together for a driver. Im thinking 5lug would be cool and sold my RM's .I have a set of speedlines sitting here and was thinking they would be hot polished. after finding a pic and having a friend photoshop the car lower this is what he came up with

loweredwhite.jpg

Now here are the questions

what tire do i run? either a205 or 195/50 15.....or 195/45/15

next question....Stock finish or polish them ....

Any comments welcome,and by the way im not worried about ride,when the cars that low you cant even call it ride quality :D

Moving to exterior...

205's are the standard width for the speedies, so stick with that.

Personally, I wouldn't lower it that far because it'll ride pretty 'firmly' and from a looks point of view, I'd try to keep the distance between the arch and the wheel the same all the way round. If you lower it that far without putting bigger wheels on, then the arches look very odd.

Just my 2p/c :D

I'd go 195/45 if you are looking at polishing and slamming, will give the car much more impact, the 205s look like balloons! The Speedlines are only 6.5 J so 195 is plenty wide enough as long as the speed rating etc is fine.

Pic of my VR6 with standard rims plus H&R coilovers, lower about 30 mm all round. don't go too lower. its just make it look dumb

The pic on the right would give you no suspension travel at all. The reason we brits harp on about that is because the majority of our roads are diabolical. If the roads in Colorado are smooth, go for it!

The only thing about dropping it so low it the rear wheel will look at bit funny as it will not sit in the centre of the arch, would sit about 2 inch forward.

A couple of other problems you will have are the rear axle hitting the body work, and also the drive shafts hitting the body work.

Your sump will sit very close to the floor, closer than you would think.

I have all these problems. 8)

Yep and when the driveshafts continuously point at sky like that, the brass cones behind the gearbox drive flanges tend to break in half too.

It's actually quite easy on a ramp, wouldn't fancy doing it on the drive though! Most people wouldn't even know they'd smashed their lock cones anyway! They actually form a very mild diff locking device in combo with the big springs on the flanges.... Only way to tell is to listen to the diff as the wheel free spins on a ramp.

mines as low as your photoshop pic on 17s if not lower,only prob i have is the gap between axle and floor isnt big enuff for zorst so it knocks occasionally :shock:

Id go 195 45s as it will sit lower still :lol: