Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Who wants a front mounted intercooler (FMIC)?

I've been talking to Forge motorsport today. They have accepted my offer for me to design an intercooler to be a direct fit in a mk2 golf or corrado perfect for a G60 or 1.8T. The idea being that it'll be a factory quality fit, but be made to the highest standards by one of the best respected names in the industry.

There will also be an option to add a Samco hose kit to this to which will fit straight on, no messing.

Would anyone on here be interested in purchasing such an item? It's just that I'd probably have to give a minimum order of about 10 before they will entertain the idea of making them exclusively.

It will be at least as big as a Golf Rallye intercooler, which are rare to find second hand, and fetch up to £500 a go even in used form.

I can also offer a fitting service for this too.

Not sure yet, he can't really give me a price until I give him the design.

A second hand rallye on is going to set you back anywhere between £300-£500.......IF you can find one. Wouldn't you much rather spend the money on one that's going to look better, be more efficient, and last longer?

gotta be better than just chucking in one off a merc van or something.

aye, none of that malarky. No cutting or welding required. I want it to bolt to the rad like the factory G60 one does.

im so game. i get paid at the end of the month. there is a chance i am going to hve to wait until the 15th of next month for payment though. (i might be picking up a new shell for a project car)

I'm after an intercooler as soon as posible made by Forge but not Golf Rallye/G60 style. I'm after one to the same dimensions and fitting as an Audi RS2. Could this fit in on here??

im not sure id be prepared to stump up the 700 quid their other coolers cost a one of could be got cheaper than that. do look very good quality mind.

i would be interested aswell, here is even more dificult to put the hands on a g60 large intercooler.