Sign in to follow this  
kasman21

corrado 1.8 16v starting problems

hey all

please can someone please help me.

my rado is being a bit of a pain, basically on some occasions the car decides not to start, after alarm and imobilisor is disabled the car simply doesn't start.

people say stater motor but im not sure as other people mention solenoids??wires etc.

anyone got any ideas basically you can turn the key and you can hear the fuel etc but the engine doesn't make a noise.

to get it started i normally get a push start,highly embarresing, or rock the car in gear, shuffle the wires etc and sometimes she goes!!

any ideas or any tests that i can do will be great, please hurry as i need to get home today!!

cheers all

zak

Henny,

with regards to a faulty ignition switch would it also give me problem turning in key in the ignition???i really struggle to turn the key at all.

i have to sort it today as i have some time to do it today.

cheers

zak

Henny,

with regards to a faulty ignition switch would it also give me problem turning in key in the ignition???i really struggle to turn the key at all.

i have to sort it today as i have some time to do it today.

cheers

zak

A dead/dying ignition switch shouldn't make it difficult to turn the key, although it IS possible as it is linked to the parts that turn with the key (obviously!)

The odds are that your lock itself has also worn. SteveMac did a "how to" including part numbers on how to change the complete ignition switch and lock. The parts aren't very expensive and it'll cure your problems with the key and rule out the ignition switch as your problem.