Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

New Jetta

The Yanks will probably go for it though. ;)

I would be inclined to agree with you there!

It was because of the Yanks the first Jetta was born. VW had no intention of booting the Golf but the Americans complained there wasn't a mid sized car with a trunk in their line up....so the Jetta was born! You'd be fool hardy as a car manufacturer to ignore the biggest auto market place in the world!

Anyway, I like the MK5 jetta and also the new grille style, which is way better than Audi's new corporate grille - ugly is too kind a word for that!

I think the Bora is the best attempt of a Golf with a boot.

Could fit almost ten bodies in the boot of my old jetta though. was huge/

Yeah, I do actually like the Boras, even if it is just a Jetta with a different name :D

And remind me not to argue with you - I don't want a ride in the back of your Jetta! :? :lol:

I think the Bora is the best attempt of a Golf with a boot.

Could fit almost ten bodies in the boot of my old jetta though. was huge/

Yeah, I do actually like the Boras, even if it is just a Jetta with a different name :D

And remind me not to argue with you - I don't want a ride in the back of your Jetta! :? :lol:

Agreed the Bora is the best golf with a boot, more a shrunken passat look from the back, i dont mind it but doubt would buy ahead of a golf of same spec/age

:D Your Safe, sold the jetta a while back.

bora's handle better than golfs, the jettas and ventos always did imho

So some people say, although handling is subjective.

More weight and a boot overhang over the back wheels doesn't automatically assume better 'handling'.... it just means it won't c@ck a leg mid bend like the lighter rear ended Golf would.

Oh and Ventos are for old men with flat caps and tartan picnic rugs.....especially in that burgundy shade!

Oh and Ventos are for old men with flat caps and tartan picnic rugs.....especially in that burgundy shade!

:lol: No no, they're cool. Rare and they have the rectangle headlights, what more could you want from a dub of that vintage? (Obviously you get one in a colour other than faded burgandy)

And hey, there was one in Fast and Furious, so it must be cool :roll:

Er cool for what it does, but eesh that's one ugly car :D

Precisely :wink:

I was thinking it's ugly due to the awful white wheels and pukey yellow paint job... ;)

I was thinking it's ugly due to the awful white wheels and pukey yellow paint job... ;)

Yep, looks naff alright but these type of cars are generally just moving advertisements anyway..... but rest assured, some choice mods will have been applied underneath :wink: