Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

My

Ive not put up photos of my car before, as when i bought it it was in need of lots of TLC! Seeing the car in the state it was in when i bought it would have upset quite a few of you here! I have tried tidying up bits as i go along - but progress is slow.

Its looking good enough for me to post some shots though, so here goes! I'll start off with the pictures of how it used to be.

And here are the more recent ones. The door still needs the laquer done to complete it - the mirror has been changed and generally the car tidied up a bit - but the dent in the drivers wing is still there :(

But overall i cant complain - i got the car cheap - and its not cost too much to get the bits to make it look better - thanks to this forum and EBAY :)

Just took a few of these today too - the car is Helios Blue - and it looks totally different in different lights. I think this sort of light is best for it - its a bit too dark in these photos though - but helps cover up the dent and off colour door :roll: :wink:

Here are some interior shots -the interior of this car was actually very clean - it was an H-reg - but only had done 88,000 miles when i bought it - and no rips in the seats or nething.

nice to see someone putting some time and effort into a cheaply picked up 'rado rather than just breaking it for a profit... 8) Good on you, and good work so far! 8) 8) 8)

Thanks to carpoid i know have some BBS alloys on my Corrado too - another step in tidying up - here are the pics. Also note the Corrado Forum numberplate surround!

lookin` good

nice looking C

those BBS make a difference!

dont wory about the bits an bobs you dont like just enjoy a cool motor that will bring you a lot of good times (along with the bad)

Coming along a treat there mate, i love seeing cars bought back from the brink to how they used to be. Its nice to see a motor with stuff wrong getting fixed, rather than the really really clean examples from people who money seems to be no object.

Keep up the good work, its really coming along.

As this thread is almost a history of my car i need to include these photos taken the morning i woke up to find my car like this - took the day off work and spent the day getting it repaired - very lucky that i had a spare window for that side.

The passenger door was a different colour as said above and also looked like it didnt shut all the way - so made it an easy target for thieves. There's evidence along the door frame that the thief tried to lever the door open first, but then gave up it seems and smashed the window!

It was my fault for parking it where i did and also not taking the face off - something i forgot to do this time and paid the consequences!

Two shots of the back here - one when i first got it - missing VW badge, cracked rear light - standard lights - untidy numberplate

Now its a new numberplate with teh Corrado forum number plate surround - VW badge and smoked rear lights - those things all together make a huge difference to the look of the car 8)

.... ah this almost brings a tear to my face, exactly the shape mine was in when I first got it. Now that I have invested 8500 uk pounds into it its in tip top shape, good for another 15 years! I have a US G60 tho...

I let my friend go for a spin in my car to drop someone off... unfortunately it came back like this! I wasnt too upset as obviously he'll pay for the repair and i know a good bodywork place - just need to get a replacement bumber and the wing should be ok to fill and have resprayed ... my mate of course was absolutely gutted for the entire evening and kept shaking his head in disbelief.

Basically he tried undertaking on a bit of road where 3 lanes went to 2 - then bailed out realising he wouldnt make it - but then hit a metal fence! Luckily everyone was ok - just the car needs a bit of patching up..

I'd have been bouncing off the walls - accidents do happen but he was almost asking for trouble - undertaking in someone elses car - have to be agood bodyshop to straighten out that wing

For what it would cost in labour to straighten that wing you'd likely be better off finding a straight second-hand one. I guess it could have been a lot worse.

gutted, i`d a been a bit more unhappy tbh

defo a new wing, craigbeal had a similar looking scrape the other week and he needed a new one

hope you get it sorted easily mate

ben

Thanks for the advice - i know a body place that i saw work wonders with a damaged wing on a friend's car - the driver's side wing has an old dent in it too - so may look in to trying to pick up a pair of old style wings for this.

Yeah, definately source a new wing - they're quite easy to find for reasonable money. Don't be put off by people offering stupid amounts of cash for body panels. I was offered anything from 35-110 quid for a wing, before finding both panels I needed for a very reasonable some. Some people think they're sitting on a goldmine that's all.

Indicators are 19+vat from GPC or VW, and you should be able to find a bumper on here or ebay for not much bucks.

Still, at the end of the day - yer mate is paying for his careless mistake...

What a nimrod. Whenever I drive someone elses car, I try my best not to put a foot wrong or do ANYTHING stupid..

Anyway.. best of luck getting it fixed.