Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

My

Yesterday afternoon i spent a few hours with my dad trying to get the corrado looking a bit better so as to avoid it being pulled over by the police etc - also to try and stop water getting in etc - below are a few little home made repair techniques used as a temporary fix till i get the bumper (hopefully wednesday) and decide what to do with the wing.

Some may see these as a bit degrading to the Corrado - but i think it shows some interesting improvisation! They do definately have a bit of Bluepeter about them - but it gets the job done.

Good innovative work that man, but make sure you extract ALL those repairs from from your friend :-)

nice motor mate, looks like your doing much the same as me, in respect to getting a cheaper rado and doing it yourself as and when.

the only thing that put me off of mine was 172k miles but then again its only a 1.816v and there are bucket loadsof them out and about.

or even if it goes pop i might have a go at a 20v, who knows what will happen.

im just enjoying the drive at the min, as long as it starts stps and gets me to and from work im a happy man.

keep up the good work fella.

172k miles! Wow - how much did you get yours for? I consider my car an absolute bargain at the price i paid - sure the body work had problems - but the handling and the steering feel along with a reasonably powerful engine above 4000rpm are all still there and its been a joy to own so far :)

mine so far stands me at £200. it needs a fair bit doing to it though.

im gonna chauck id say about £300 at it to get it right so by the time im done about £500 all in..

gonna invest in a power polisher and some t cut and see if i can get it back from pink to red..

chaper than a re spray.

your mate need a dig for that mate bad news should be a nice car in the end though if you put in the effort

good luck

I bought a bumper for it today - won it off ebay for £56 - only problem is that its bright yellow! :wink:

its not off bananaman (skyline) is it???

if it is i`m sure it`ll be a good `un!

Bad news regarding the car, there's a grinding noise that has started from the corner of the car which had the damage - found that the wishbone had been bent out of place - took the car in to have that fixed and they called to say that after fixing the wishbone they took it out for a drive and felt something was wrong - they came back and found the drive shaft had 'collapsed' (their words not mine!) and that it needed replacing.. the work at this garage is looking around the £250 mark and the body work is still to be done.... my friend is going to be very broke!

Got the car back today - the steering was not right - took it back and whilst fixing that they found a tracking rod had been bent too so that is being replaced!

Im not too upset as someone else is paying so its like a free service to the car :)

The millage is surprisingly low - when i bought it last year it had done 88,000 - i did an HPi check on it and also got some VW history and this tied with the MoT's i think the millage is genuine.

In the 12 months i've had it its been used as a daily driver and i've put on another 18,000 roughly - so now its around the 106/107K range - still not bad for an H-reg.

The engine seems really good - regular oil changes are the key - it runs really well and not had any problems with the engine since buying it - cant complain at all really.

Car is back from the garage - £400 in total spent on it - steering rods, driveshafts, wishbones - loads of parts of the front suspension and steering seemed to be bent by the accident - poor car :(

Mines a faded red 1.8 16v too, needs a good t-cuttin I think...

I could proabably have got a much better C for the money but was a little naive in buying mine I guess. But still it gets me in and out of work every day, about a 50 mile round trip. It's plenty nippy (my last car was the non turbo 306!!) and I just enjoy the drive in general.

Its the sort of car you just want to get back to perfect, i've set aside some time before going back to uni to have a bit of 'quality time' with the car and try and get some of the dents n so on out. Think i'll get some pics on here for ya.

Good work though matey i'm glad i'm not alone!

Car has gone to the body work place to get things repaired in time for the MoT! Its having a bumper i got off ebay sprayed and then added to the car along with the wing.

All in all its £300 and my friend will be paying!