Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Question about my Clifford alarm...

I've just had a serious feeling of dread.

My car is currently in the hands of Citroen getting some paint sorted on the drivers door. Now, I recently had a Clifford Concept 300 alarm fitted as some of you might remeber which has been great so far...

My question is - does the Concept 300 have sensors in the door which are wired back to main alarm unit? I just have visions of some bodyshop guy pondering at the mystery cable and snipping it in half or something as he removes the door for respraying :|

Anybody?

The sensor for the door comes off the switch for the curtesy light jim so you wont have any problems with them cutting the wire even if they did take the door off as it is attatched to the frame of the car not the door shell!!!

Chris,

They will be removing the door I think as they said about having to bake it in an oven or something to get paint to harden... so I suspect it will be coming off.

Ant,

Cheers for that... puts my mind at ease :)

I think they have basically a big shed that they call the "oven" - big enough to drive a whole car in! It's "baked" at a lowish temp - prob. 40 ish degrees C. (as opposed to a couple of hundred in yer kitchen oven :D :D :D )

yeah storms right...im a painter ,we use a large garge sized oven that you drive in....if they mess up the alarm -make em pay for it

Got the car back now, and the alarm is fine... but thanks for the advice :)