Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

FK coilovers group buy - konigsport

Shilakadaddy, What do you yhink of the Konigsports? Any good? Just that i can't decide on these or the KW Onix V2/V3

I've just bought a set of FK Silverline X (Konigsports made of Stainless Steel and then hand polished!!) Set me back a whopping £740!!! Fitting them today

carpoid - should definatly go for the Konigsport as they are damper adjustable as well as height

I've just bought a set of FK Silverline X (Konigsports made of Stainless Steel and then hand polished!!) Set me back a whopping £740!!! Fitting them today

carpoid - should definatly go for the Konigsport as they are damper adjustable as well as height

arent the silverline range just a plated silver version of the highsport then ?

No the silverlines are a polished stainless steel version of highsport

and the silverline X are a polished stainless steel version of the konigsport

the stainless steel obviously eliminates the rusting of the dampers that eventually leads to the inability to adjust them!

Shilakadaddy, What do you yhink of the Konigsports? Any good? Just that i can't decide on these or the KW Onix V2/V3

I only fitted them yesterday, so as of yet haven't had chance to test them.. it'll be a while before I know how I feel about them. Everyone else seems to rate these, which is why I went for them :) I expect them to be a harder ride than my Eibach / koni setup... but hopefully not by too much 8)

I only fitted them yesterday, so as of yet haven't had chance to test them.. it'll be a while before I know how I feel about them. Everyone else seems to rate these, which is why I went for them :) I expect them to be a harder ride than my Eibach / koni setup... but hopefully not by too much 8)

What did you do wit ur prev setup? do you have it forsale?

Luke

Hmmmn,

Yeah Shilakadaddy would be interested in how your new set-up compares to your Koni TA, Eibach set-up as thats the two options I am considering. BTW AFAIK and according to Gwent VW and other sources FK Silverline are the same as FK Konigsport but the body of shocks in the Silverlines are actually silver-plated stainless steel instead of being galvanised stainless steel (zinc-plated) as with the Konigsports,

Regards,

BigEastSideVWG60

the bodys on the highsports / konigsports are not stainless steel they are mild steel and zinc plated. stainless steel can not be plated and it dosent need to be as its an un corrosive matieral. some company are advertising the silverline kits as silver plated struts as struan says but others are saying the struts are constructed of stainless steel i think for the price differance they must be stainless steel struts and polished for show finish.

I picked up mine yesterday and they are definatly stainless steel and as I said in an earlier post are then handpolished. And my they look cracking!!!

Just gonna bump this cos if anyone wants to get them call Rimstyle from now and just mention the E38 Group buy, all types of FKs are available. I got some Silverline X for £565!!!!! Bargain

Hi peeps,

is this offer still available, i think i want some fk konigs,

but a few threads on this post have confused me,

are the silverline X kit exactly the same as the konigs but stainless steel and then hand polished for an extra £50????

thanks

taz

Yes they are a stainless steel konigsport £565. And yes they are still available (up till the 12th of feb i think) just use the link in the first post........stealth quoted me £120 to fit and set up

Just to let peeps know, the price for the FK KonigSport coilover group-buy on edition38.com at the moment is £525 delivered, NOT £500 (this price has not been agreed / confirmed with the suppliers as yet),

Regards,

BigEastSideVWG60

That's strange, I've already ordered mine, and they charged me £500 including next day delivery when they get them...

so the silver line stainless jobbies are height and damping adjustable?

also whats the maximum drop you can get with these?

cheers,neil. :)

thanks m8 :thumbleft:

so how much is a set of height+damping adjustable stainless for the g60?

sorry im just confused with all the diffarent names! :?

neil.

From what I've read on the E38 thread, the SilverlineX (stainless height + damping adjustable) are £565 including delivery

Normal silverlines are £550 (height adj. only)

Konigsports are £500 (Not stainless steel, but galvanized and height + damping adj.)

I'm probably gonna get some Silverline X's from them shortly :twisted:

thanks again m8,well put :D

i get most of it now apart from the highsports? :oops:

i was thinking of the silverline x too,the damping adjustment is muchos needed with the roads around here!

and then can stiffen it a bit for the long runs :D

mmm,stainless vs galvanised ???

You can read up on them here: :wink:

http://www.fk-automotive.de/en/

Click on 'Suspensions'

Highsports dont use koni shocks, and they arent damping adj.

Konigs/Silverlines use koni shocks

As for choosing stainless / galvanized, well, I dont mind paying an extra £65 over the regular konigsports, if it means they'll last considerably longer :)

And I'm planning on keeping my corrado, so I dont wanna be replacing the suspension again any time soon

ahh right,im not after the highsports then...

good point about how long you plan keeping the motor,im still undecided weather im keeping it or not after a week of owning it :shock:

and im here considering some coilovers :lol:

its about getting a feel for the car though aint it?

cheers for the link and clearing things up,neil.