Sign in to follow this  
Neverite

pipercross induction

My local performance shop (hoopers of bristol) have recommended a pipercross induction kit for my 1.8 16v, @ £90. are there any better choices out there? any feed back would be appreciated .Andy

You can get alloy baskets that replace the lower half of the airbox and have foam in it, which doesn't affect the metering head but the engine will have a very loud induction roar though.

No! Get a panel filter and either drill the box or duct some cold air in- or do both. Do a search- been discussed a lot.

Did this on both my valvers- more responsive and you get a very nice sound.

PiperX have crap filtration as well. You can't use them on G60's as they have the potential to let all sorts of nasties into the Lader.

Im using the piper x box thingy on mine! sounds awsome,i did make a carbon fibre heat shield for it tho and a fat cold feed from down in the bumper!

Dont know if this helps I payed 180 quid a few years ago for piper cross Viper I think its some where in the shed>???>???

Stick to the std airbox. VW are very good at designing induction and the stock airboxes on most VW's are very good. Spend your money on more worthwhile mods or get a panel filter (cotton, not foam)

PiperX have crap filtration as well. You can't use them on G60's as they have the potential to let all sorts of nasties into the Lader.
Spot on there m8 . :wink:

any pics? :D

This is a pipercross viper that i pulled out of the shed. Dont bother with them any more use cotton panel filters -However used to lovem great fun :D --err if you click on the pic it should decompress--