Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

G60 vs Civic Type R

Good Friend of mine has got a 4th Gen (M-reg) Prelude. Jap 2.2vTec engine transplant with twiddly knob to adjust the vtec, Spoon chip, exhaust, air filter etc.....Fast! (around 230bhp). And unlike the new vTec engines it actually has a supprising amount of torque :shock: !

HE doesn't even like the New Civic Type-R's...something about looking like buses and not really tune-able cos all the power has been extracted out of the engine in the factory, oh and driven by people who can't drive :lol: His words not mine :wink:

He does track days reasonably regular, and p1sses all over Civic Type-R's

Im a soon to be G60 owner and I'm kinda interested in this too. 65mm pulley and chip seems to be the way forward. I come from a Peugeot background (don't all laugh at once), 205 GTI's in particular. When I had the Mi16 singing she would be all over CTR's day in day out. Should see their face when they cant lose a 17 year old Pug. Hope the G60 can live up to my expectations.

As pablo_vr6 said, the old EK9 Type-R (JDM only) was a vastly superior race track car to the new garden shed. Would eat pretty much any Corrado alive around a track am afraid to say.

As pablo_vr6 said, the old EK9 Type-R (JDM only) was a vastly superior race track car to the new garden shed. Would eat pretty much any Corrado alive around a track am afraid to say.

You can't categorically state that until it's been proven because I know of 1 or 2 track prepared Corrados that would give it a run for it's money, but compare that to a standard Corrado and it's not hard to see why the odds are stacked in the Civic's favour. One is a flyweight tarmac racer and the other is compromised and flawed road cruiser.....

exactly Kev they are two different types of car. Id not chance it against an EK type-r I can tell you that even in a vr6.

my mates EK 1.6 vtec vti can give me a decent run for my money up thru the gears till 100ish.

Thanks for all the replies.

Im looking to spend around £3-5K on the car in total so i't should be a good challenge.

When it comes time for us to go head-2-head ill make sure someones video taping it for us :D

PS: How much would you be looking at to fit an R32 engine into car?? Not for me but a mate would like to know!

I said 'pretty much', thus making the statement uncatogorical :roll: :wink:

Seriously though Kev, you're right- they're utterly different beasts which are impossible to compare. My old EG 1.6 VTI would have given any of my C's a run for their money up to around 80mph, as long as it's acceleration wasn't interrupted- which is exactly why I didn't get on with it- constant gear changing, which becomes waring when you want a lazy blat.

PS: How much would you be looking at to fit an R32 engine into car?? Not for me but a mate would like to know!

I dont know but phatvr6 has done it. I'd imagine the engine qould be quite a few quid on its own, never mind fitting one. You'd have to go 4 wheel drive as well. Tell him to fettle a G60, it'll be cheaper.

capnahab, why would you HAVE to go 4x4? (I'm not planning on it if I plonk one in J-DUB... ;) )

Just read the posts, with my boss, who has a typeR, was nice to see a little panic in his eyes.though his car does shift, now its a race to see who can mod the cars the fastest.

Keep on dubbin!!..bloody vtec's

Pointless doing the R32 conversion unless you go 4WD IMO- You would only be able to go WOT on perfect conditions in atleast first 3 hgears. V64MO is a good option as 2nd hand the engines are miles cheaper than the 1.8T, but if you want to mod loads get the 1.8T in there.

The older V-tec has less over lap on the cams hence it feels a bit more punchy. Having driven a CTR it would be a close call- but then I got my

Good Friend of mine has got a 4th Gen (M-reg) Prelude. Jap 2.2vTec engine transplant with twiddly knob to adjust the vtec, Spoon chip, exhaust, air filter etc.....Fast! (around 230bhp). And unlike the new vTec engines it actually has a supprising amount of torque

Hey mate is this car from brum/wolves? If so ask him about a race with a silver mk1 g60 :shock: about 6mts ago..... :D :lol: :lol:

Wouldnt worry too much about the type r ... seen them down the pod doing 15/16sec quarters in standard form.... v.late 13/mid 14sec passes with turbo or s/charger. Was at the first RWYB this year there was one there (silver one) had spoon cams,exhaust+tubular manni after market management with an in car lap top . .. . .. LOL, i hope it was running on 2 cylinders...low 15s passes.

FaTT mk1, sorry to switch topic, but are/were you the owner of that awesome sleeper Passat? What happened to it? Damn it looked nice.

FaTT mk1, sorry to switch topic, but are/were you the owner of that awesome sleeper Passat? What happened to it? Damn it looked nice.

LOL, yea i built it, had the bits all ready and the shell was there aswell,i only done it cause it was a bit different and i wanted to see if it was as hard as everyone makes out to wire up on standard management....i had it on the road for a while but i was never really happy with the performance(speed freak here!) dont get me wrong it done a 14.8 and was getting quicker but we had to leave the pod early as there was a slight problem with a mates corrado and i had to tow him 60 miles home... lol.... its one of them cars that u sell and then miss! now ive got nothing to throw engines,gearboxes,rubbish ect ect into the back of!! oh and also i wanted a mk1 caddy ! I took the engine and bits out of it and gave the shell to a mate whos got a breakers yard.... ive just bought a mk1 gti now and am sticking it all into that(hopefuly with a big turbo),ill be at the pod with slicks,no trim,space savers and looking for 12s passes!!

I also have a friend whose has a civic type. This guys a copper and wants to rice me. I have a vr6+268+shrickmanfold 215bhp 211 lb torque Who will win 0-60 and 1/4mile

you will, civics are rubbish in straight lines (read that on a civic forum) plus i beat a type R (filter, exhaust) at pod last wkend in my poorly running G60

I also have a friend whose has a civic type. This guys a copper and wants to rice me. I have a vr6+268+shrickmanfold 215bhp 211 lb torque Who will win 0-60 and 1/4mile

Ive had a go at a few ctr's and there was always nothing in it. That was when my car was running 193bhp though so you should win.

Good Friend of mine has got a 4th Gen (M-reg) Prelude. Jap 2.2vTec engine transplant with twiddly knob to adjust the vtec, Spoon chip, exhaust, air filter etc.....Fast! (around 230bhp). And unlike the new vTec engines it actually has a supprising amount of torque

Hey mate is this car from brum/wolves? If so ask him about a race with a silver mk1 g60 :shock: about 6mts ago..... :D :lol: :lol:

He's from Shrewsbury, but he travels about a bit, I'll ask him if he had a race with one...