Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

jeroens revised corrado

watch out for this at next years show season!

jeroens corrado "jd engineering"!

" a genuis for us ALL to look up to!"

Hm....

I mean, yes, its very tidy and all.. but its just a bit too 'bling' for me!

You have to admit tho Jim that it would turn heads and that you wouldn't say no to one :)

Personally I prefer a little more discreet than that but I think it's an amazing car.

Yeah, it would certainly turn heads.. but it would attract the all the Nova boys and those kind of muppets. As someone on Top Gear once said when describing the Mitsibushi Evo "It looks like Mitsibushi have just driven the car into the Halfords window, and all the 'accessories' have just stuck onto it".

I guess its just me being a bore ;)

I always liked the original VR6, in unmolested shape - well, maybe lowered a little on the standard speedlines - that looks just right to me..

i understand what you guys are saying but this is his show piece and is truely unbelievible check out the bonnett can anyone see the wipers?

any car wether a "bling" or not that comes from the jd stable is a work of ark check some of the euro sites to see more of his work!

i belive he has improved on the allready amazing design of the corrado with some subtle body mods and wild engineering!!!

corrado is 350bhp with 4 wheel drive! need i carry on! :p

That kinda engine work impresses me.. I bet it goes like the proverbial shite off a greased shovel :)

I guess I dont appreciate it as I have never been into body kits and heavy external modification.. does sound like a real decent machine though :)

JD is a genius, extened bonnet to hide the wipers and rear axle mod to make the wheels sit in the centre of the arches (the wheels move off centre when lowered). These are things most *normal* people wouldn't even think of let-a-lone do.

Those wheels were probably put on to promote them, I can't see it screaming down the strip with them on.

JD is the daddy of performance Veedubs and this is one of his best creations, but dont you think RS2 front bumpers and extended rear bumpers should die a death and move over for something smooth...... ?

P.S i have no real say, as my 'c' is blue, yellow & black now i've put it back together!! :roll:

Personally the 4WD is fantastic, why they used an early C i'll never know

Personally i think mods should be heard and not visible. Mirrors and big bumper kits arn't my cup of tea.

Lets face it, Whats the point of of moding a cars engine to go and stick a heavy body kit to it to slow it down.

Wheels Yes cos they make a car look good. but thats about it.

Im a Q car factor man and that the way i'll always be. but the paint job on that C is fantastic, not sure about the fuel filler being so high up the body.

Its each to there own in the modded car world. but the c looks so good to start with why mess with perfection.! :lol:

why bother sticking a heavy 4wd system into a car then giving it only 350bhp.

surely would have been better off leaving the corradot o whats its good at and buying something like an impreza or evo.

Imprezas can weigh in at 1100kg ie less than the 2wd corrado but can be taken to 500bhp in a chassis that is relatively standard.

adam,

jeroen owns proberly the worlds best known veedub tuning company! jd engineering! so a jap car would proberly not go down to well to help create a good reputation! lol

we all now that they are v quick though!! just not german with the vw emblem on the front lol

Into modified C's or not the whole point of cars like that of JD's is that someone has had the balls and the intelligence to challenge the undeniably reveered lines and make up of the Corrado. We all carry out one or another mod to our C's so are we not a little hypercritical to criticise others who have done the same. Yes this is an area which takes enthusiasm into the realm of art, and like all art is a matter of personal taste and never short of critics. Cars like JD's are not wearing mods for the sake of it being available at Halfords!!!! These cars are so designed because each element plays a part to compliment the design efficiency. IE the RS front bumper vastly improves air flow induced cooling for an engine that outstrips any factory offering. Yes there are styling features, these are evident to create balance. Of all the cars to pick at,this is certainly not the one. Love'em or hate'em see them at the shows and admire at least the skill, hours and efffort needed to create a car of this quality.

is this jeroen dik?

if so I remember him extending a mk 1 golf some time back in the days when no one was fitting VR6s.

I would doubt for a second the quality of his work, thee is just a big part of me that thinks why spend so much money on a car for seriously diminishing returns when you can still have an incredible example that maybe doesnt perform quite as well, but is in keeping with the designers plans.

I love the corrado, wouldnt have bought one otherwise, I just think it is almost rape to make it four wheel drive. No questioing the skill to do it, and in terms of business sense it is a wise move in terms of showcasing capability of his firm. But I cant imagine there will be many JD customers who would go down the 4wd drive route.

Unfortunately being restricted to fwd is a major limitation. In his position I would spend a lot of time focussing on getting the corrado standard chassis to handle te same 350bhp that his 4wd is.

I remember this car from years ago when it was painted Audi RS blue,had Azev wheels,a black rear spoiler 8) and calibra sill skirts.It was 4wd and still looked awesome.I think at that time this was just a "hobby" for Jeroen and not his business.Now the car is obviously as Adam says a showcase for his work and the business.As with all these tuning firms they show what can be done as ultimates when money is no object.The car itself is not a daily driver can`t imagine Jeroen taking it down Sainsburys for the shopping :!:

I think it looks really good and could easily be described as a masterpiece :!:

Respect is due 8) 8)