Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

I LOVE big Audi's ! :D - Nice new cars at my work !

Hey all,

Am currently working part-time as a rental car service agent / driver and I had the pleasing experience this afternoon of taking one of the companies new fleet cars for a spin. It's a brand new Audi A6 3.0L V6 TDi S-Line (of which we have 3), how does 225 BHP and 331 ft lbs of torque grab you all ? Also was the S-Line version with 18 inch A8 style alloys and lovely parchment colour leather and chrome trim etc. Have to say this is one of the best cars I have ever driven. Takes off like a rocket-ship and just pulls and pulls !

Lovely :D

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Hey all,

Following up from the above post, yesterday I was asked to drive down to York from Aberdeen in a boring Vauxhall Zafira 1.8 :( and come back in an "Audi", that's all I was told.... However, it turned out ok after all, as the Audi in question turned out to in be a 2 month old Audi A8 4.2L V8 Quattro, costing just under £56,000 new :shock:

All I have to say is this is quite possibly the most comfortable, effortless, smooth, powerful, well-specced and all-round fantastic car car I have ever had the good-fortune to drive !

This car had everything - TV screen in dash, sat-nav, 8.5 x 18" alloys fitted with run-flat tyres, adaptive air suspension, 14-way adjustable heated leather seats, pneumatic-closing doors, electric boot-open / close mechanism, electric-everything else (including rear sun-screens, rear-view mirror, seatbelt mechanisms, headlamp-washers, intelligent xenon HID lights !), oh yes, and a small matter of 330 ish BHP and 320 ish ft / LBS torque ! Bearing in mind this beast weighs almost 2 tonnes, I think the performance figues below are amazing. I could just go on and on about this machine the whole day....,

Performance data

Top speed (mph) 155 (electronically-limited)

Acceleration 0-62 mph (secs) 6.3

On the way back over the 330-odd miles I managed to achieve an average MPG of 25.8 which I thought was not bad actually, considering the kerbweight / displacement of that glorious-sounding V8 motor ! :D It only used one full-tank of fuel over the journey, however, the fuel-tank capacity was 90 litres and cost nigh-on 80 quid to fill her up :shock:

I would post some pics of it but I don't have any way of transferring files from my mobile to my PC. Just thought I would share with you all one of the greatest car-moments of my life !

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Sounds like a stunner... there is an A6 4.2V8 Quatto in the car park here belonging to one of the owners of a technology company here.. stunning machine and sounds brutal!

I drove a LHD S6 avant a couple of years ago. The owner, the husband of my mums pen friend, came home from town and caught me taking a few pictures of it.

'vould you like to drivf it?'( poor attempt at phoenetic German/English)

Much jaw dropping nodding followed.

Anyway, off we go. LHD not a prob due to having the Golf at the time. Pulls up to the roundabout, creeping forward to get on to it. The throttle had a bit of lag so I had trodden on it without realising how much. We shot across the roundabout and came off the other side doing about 60. :mrgreen:

I flicked thru the MFA to see we were doing 20 litres/100km, which is about 15 to the gallon or worse. I make a comment about it but Richard waves his hand and says it can get worse on the Autobahn :shocked!:

He also complained that the tyres were too noisey when you get to 260kmh and he is thinking of having them all replaced.

Although this doesn't surprise me too much. He just tutted to himself after picking up a puncture with me onboard when I worked in Frankfurt, in his RS4 avant. I would have been in tears, he only had the tyres fitted 2 days earlier. :cry:

Anyway, I think as it stands the S6 is the highlight of my motoring to date. A glorious sound and consumption to rival a Syncro Passat.

gavin

I've never driven anything quite so cool.. just don't know the right kinds of people unfortunately.

They had a pair of RS6 Avants at my local Audi dealer which I drive past and drool at daily but think I would get laughed out of the show room if I went up and asked for a test drive! :(

Oh the A8! How many gadgets and toys? :D

Took me half an hour to find the OBD port on an A8 once..... they're utterly jam packed with electronics!

G60Dub I'm with you on that. I went past an 02 plate S6 in metalliv Black with the light grey leather. I stopped and looked at how purposeful it looked. Lovely Gas guzzler.

Looking at a LWB A8 4 litre V8 diesel today - fabulous car - buy one at 60k and it will probably last a lifetime - a my age probably about £40 per week - makes it sound almost affordable

Well, for me the old 5-pot TQ already does it now that my business colleague has allowed me take his S4 estate for a spin back in December. Brutal that thing, simply brutal :-)

Tempest

Imagine a Audi A8 4.2L with all those electrics in about 10 years time when it all starts to fail. You better have deeeeeeep pockets :shock:

And we think the Corrado is expensive repair.

You get used to it ;)

Got to say, I much prefer the new A6 to the A8. Its probably the best handling/riding Audi in the last 10 years, the new 2.7TDi Sport model is incredible!

Imagine a Audi A8 4.2L with all those electrics in about 10 years time when it all starts to fail. You better have deeeeeeep pockets

We have a customer with a 1996 A8. Hes covered 144000 miles so far and the only problems hes had with it have been an Alternator, Alternator Pulley and Wiper mechanism. So they are pretty reliable :) However, wear and tear items (brakes, diff seals etc) to tend to up the costs.

hey nelson, when did you get the Ibiza? looks nice.

Hasn't even been built yet, my signature is just a picture off the SEAT Used Car website :lol: I collect the car on on April 24th 8) Not long now!

sorry, just meant it as a saying, not literally. I think If I had that car at 19 I probably would of crashed it like the car I did have at 19! lol

LOL. Yeah guess I'm quite lucky :D But I 've got a mate whos got an FQ340 at 20, and his mates got a CTR at 21 (he doesn't even have a licence yet! :p )

Won't be long before it gets Revo'd and I have about 205bhp and 330lb/ft of torque to play with :D

I had better cars/bikes when I was 19 than at any other time in my life. I can't remember how I managed it but I certainly miss those days.

I think starperformance have made an uprated clutch, you will probably need it if you get it Revo'd/Jabba etc, apparently it is better than the sachs one but I haven't tested both, the reason being is that it comes with it's own flywheel.

I think starperformance have made an uprated clutch, you will probably need it if you get it Revo'd/Jabba etc, apparently it is better than the sachs one but I haven't tested both, the reason being is that it comes with it's own flywheel.

Yeah, Revo, Star Performance clutch and Miltek Cat are the first 3 performance mods on my list to be done :D This car is going to be a Track Day car as well as a Daily driver 8)