Sign in to follow this  
B17 G60

MFA oil pressure reading problem? HELP PLEASE!

Hi again peeps,

this morning went to start my mk2 golf 16v and as i always let it warm up, i pressed the mfa stalk so it would go to the oil pressure reading so i could see when it was warmed up. However its now displaying 3 subtraction lines so it looks likes this ---

All the others have a reading, but only the oil pressure one is coming up like this, any ideas whats wrong with it? any sensors come off? fuse?

hope you can help

cheers :(

it's the oil temperature, not pressure, and if it's only ever reading --- it means either your oil is constantly below 50 degrees C, or the sender unit is fubar.

just started today, where is the sender for this oil temperature reading, may just change it. Could this also happen if the oil level has gone low?

cheers

I'd be worried if your oil level was that low. I think the oil temp sender is on or near the oil filter housing, on the block, but I could be wrong, search the archives for more details.

i know the car has oil in it thats not a problem, my bets are on the oil temp sensor being fubbared. Any ideas how much they are new? it wouldn't be the actual MFA stalk would it, like a wire come off it for the oil temp reading or something?

basiclly is it usually the oil temp sensor that is commonly at fault?

cheers

hmmm after getting the oil temperature reading working i'm thinking my actual mfa stalk thing maybe mullered. When i pull it back towards me the rear water for the screen sprays but no rear wiper works. Also when i put the intermittent wiper on for front, i.e pull the stalk down, so the wiper comes on an off intermitentlly it just keeps going at the standard wiper setting, so going across the screen continuoslly without stopping.

So basiclly my intermittent and my 1st click up up on the mfa stalk to have my front wipers working are both putting the wipers on continuouslly and i have no stop start or intermittent wiper? I do have the super fast wipers if the stalk is pushed all the way up, but both the other setting are continuous and the same.

how much are these new any ideas? again shes a mk2 golf 16v 90 spec

cheers again guys :( :wink:

p.s the oil temp thing just started working after a little twiddle with the push on connector plugs on oil cooler housing, lol :D

im sure the mfa temp reading is taken from the sensor on the back of the head? correct me if wrong!

as for the wipers,it may be the relay...

its positioned on the right hand side of the fuse box somewhere iirc...

could you try one from another car?

shouldnt be expensive new though.

could be the stalks,easy to replace,but its more a problem with mk4 polo's.a mk4 polo stalk is around thirty quid from gsf i think...

also check the wiring that runs through to your tailgate,it can split in the rubber boots causing all sorts of weird problems.

neil. :)

i dunno mate fiddles with something on oil filter housing got in the car drove it up the road an back and it was working, so i aint complaining, lol

The wiper relay hmmmm anyone know exactly what it looks like or colour? to put the rear wiper on do you pull the stalk back towards you? or push it away from you towards dash? when i do mine either way it doesn't click and stay there i.e pushed forward or backward it just comes back to standard position. So i could never ever put the rear wiper on constantly

cheers again

ahhh,your thinking it works in a diffarent way m8! :D

to operate the rear wiper and squirter,you push away,towards the dash.

the stalk should rest in the original position when pushed or pulled. :D

ohhh ok, so basiclly you don't ever put the rear wiper on constantly then, you just push it forward and it squirts abit of water and wipes away and stops itself? ok might be my motor, gonna try and give it direct power from a battery and see if the wiper motor thing starts whizzing or spinning, hopefully its just that which is bodged and no wiring.

cheers again dude, top bannana :)

ohhh ok, so basiclly you don't ever put the rear wiper on constantly then, you just push it forward and it squirts abit of water and wipes away and stops itself?

aye m8 :D

i think on later models the rear wiper is intermittent.

push once for on/intermittent and push again to turn off.

im sure if you fit the relay from a later model then yours would work the same way. 8)

but dont quote me on that :lol:

ok m8 total guess but yeah i reckon it should be an intermittent rear,being 1990 spec>>>... :D

mk2's arent my strongest point as you can tell with the non 100% sure stylee answers :oops:

neil.

no probs dude any new info can help change course of direction or make me investigate a new way of getting the problem fixed, so its all good as they say.

When i push my mfa stalk towards the dash it doesn't want to stay clicked on, i can just push it towards the dash let go and it just comes back to standard place of the stalk it won't click and stay on then me push it forward again and it clicks back and stops the rear wiper going.

i dunno, need to know exactly hwat style of wiper there supposed to have i guess.

cheerd mate :wink:

sounds like its working fine then?

unless its just missing the intermittent which im not sure on anyway???

the mfa stalk isnt supposed to click or anything,theres just a couple of brass contacts inside the stalk that make a connection. :D

neil.

lovelly jubbly bud after all those messages, i think i finally get it, lol. All the fun of getting a new car lol

anyway i'm off to bed now to think about mfa stalks and how to fit my fiat punto lay flat rear wiper properlly as the golf is totally new to me, seems like a world apart from my old rado g60

cheers again :)

aye,note to self>> must sleep! :lol:

funny you say,im used to mk1 golfs,just got my first raddo,a g60 :D

catch ya later m8,neil.