Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

longer wheel nuts

I'm going to put some 6mm spacers on the rear wheels to get them sitting in the arches properly, but i'll need longer nuts (oh er). Popped in to hellfarts yesterday to be told they only stock nut specific to the alloys they sell. They asked what make mine were and looked clueless when I said 'borbets' and even more confused when i told them the nuts i'm using at the moment are standard VW ones. In the end they decided I'd need to have some custom made :? muppets.

anyway to the point - wheres the best place to get some, and do they need to be a certain size/fitment?

Hi,

I went to a alloy wheel shop and asked for the same. After being told the wheels were obviously too big for the car. They gave me a set of nuts which were 4mm/6mm longer.

You'll be able to get them from most good alloy wheel shops.

I've got 12 40mm wheel nuts for a C G60 going spare. they are 10mm longer than standard. £20 delivered and their yours if you want them. You'll then need 4 40mm locking wheel nuts I presume to complete the set!!!