Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

Parking in London

Random question but I'm going to London for the weekend in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone could suggest somewhere free, but safe to park my rado?

Cheers!

You can leave you car at mine if you want, live in Sussex but it only takes 1hr to Victoria on the train - I'd drop you off and pick you up again

If it is over the w/e you can park in loads of places for free. Most residential parking is just for mon-fri so sat and sun usually okay. Also depends where you are going to stay, if it is really central then less of a chance, I am in Camden borough and free over weekend, varies from place to place...

I'm coming from the west (M4) and staying in the crowne plaza near the Excel centre (docklands) (parking is £30 per night!!)

Looks like i'm sorted now with a freind near Clapham, but andy665 that is really good of you mate, thanks for the offer!

If you come in on the M4, head into hamersmith and then head down to Barnes... Station Road is all free parking (but I wouldn't leave my C there for a w/e) once you're there follow it round over two (very close together) level crossings and take the first road on your right into The Elms...this is a very quiet residential road (with some seriously high end homes) and again has free "safe as you'll find" parking. on foot from here you'll be back at Barnes train station in 10 mins and then on train into Waterloo in 15! I park up there every day and have done for 2 years never with any problems 8)

HTH

me and my gf went to london to do xmas shopping a couple of years ago.

got to the hotel late, and parked my car pretty much outside the door, on the road. i aimed to get down before 8 and put a ticket on it.

woke up at 10:30

raced down to find my car covered in stickers and a clamp on it.

cost me 130 quid that did. when i called to have it removed they said they would be there within four hours. i had to put 4 hours of parking on it, to be on the safe side (at FOUR POUNDS an hour). they said if i didnt put a ticket on it, even though it was clamped, it would be impounded within half an hour.