Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

Koni TA`s & H&R Springs?

Hi

Just got a quote from Stealth Racing for some Koni TA`s with H&R springs for £542.38 inc vat. I thought i saw this package somewhen for around the £350 mark ????

That kinda of price might just get some FK highsports coilovers!

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper for konis/H&R ?

Cheers

Ian

Hhhhm I have eibachs with my koni t/a's very tempted to upgrade and get some H&R's the ride is bit to harsh with current springs, there are speed bumps everywhere here! Supposed to be a softer ride aren't they?

Just had the car back from a service and confirmed my 2 rear shocks have gone, so i am looking to upgrade the supension in some way. As money is a little tight would it be advisable to buy the Koni TA`s with Vogtland springs and then upgrade to the H&R's at a later date when i can afford it?

Hi,

I got several quotes for Koni TA's and H & R springs and the cheapest I could find was £420 inc. VAT / delivery.

Let me know if interested and I will dig out the details,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Any chance of a[schild=1 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Group Buy[/schild] to get the price down a little more??

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know what you are on about, but surely we are still on topic as the thread is titled Koni TA`s & H&R Springs? :wink:

Check it out anyway and let us know asap :)

Well can only really afford around £300mark really at mo, gotta get the rear trailing arms bushes replaced aswell, plus a new front engine mount...the list goes on....

So anyone tried using the H&R springs with boge turbo gas shocks from GSF ?

Had boge shocks with GSF own lowered springs(I think?) on my old scirocco and i quite liked that setup...bit too harsh for a Corrado i think thou

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

Also what is the ride like on H&R springs say in comparison to o/e set up. I am trying to compare to the eibachs I currently have which are a little harsh for my area, if I lived on a Grand prix track it would be fine!

The H&Rs barely ride any different to stock imo but it depends on what shocks you use, wheel and tyre size etc etc.

When I was still on the speedlines, I couldn't believe how much better the ride quality was than standard, even though the Koni/H&R combo is a lot firmer. The car feels a lot less jittery over bumps and body control on fast B roads is vastly improved.

Brilliant thanks Kev, better start saving then, got the koni's (on speedies) just got to get me some H&Rs. I might try and increase the damping in the meantime just to improve the ride a little.

Yeah you could try increasing the damping resistance which will remove any springiness but may not help with crashiness. The Eibachs are a bit too hard for my liking but they're not bad though, just not aswell matched to the Konis as the H&Rs are.

Hi,

I got several quotes for Koni TA's and H & R springs and the cheapest I could find was £420 inc. VAT / delivery.

Let me know if interested and I will dig out the details,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Any word on a group buy yet ???

Hey all,

I am looking into this and will report back Mon hopefully,

Althought, more and more tempted by FK Konigsport coilovers, but happy to inverstigate and subsequently arrange group buy of Koni TA's and H & R springs if need be,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60