My car was being admired last friday in Ludlow. Lady pulled up in a vauxhaul and said that it was a nice looking car, she's from the States. Turns out she's over here working, went back home last saturday and has a Corrado back in the US - a V6 (that's what she said) in bright red! Told her to visit this wonderful site!

Do you live in Ludlow Turbogirlie?!? My parents & sister live there, I'm over fairly often...I'm sure I've seen a Corrado over there (but can't remember the details of colour, model or anything!)

If you see a Moonlight Blue Pearl J-plate G60 it might be me :)

I've also seen a gorgeous lhasa green Mk1 GTI over there on a few occasions, always up waiting at the pedestrian crossing outside Powerhouse. Don't suppose you know who that is do you? God I want that car :)

OOps forgot this one

2 doorknockers came by today as i was looking out the window, 1 went pasat (to go nextdoor) and really looked at it, made me smile, then the one who came to my door (didnt bother answering) when he came down he really gave the car a good look at!!!

I love it! :D :D :D

A female friend of mine - "its a bit bulky, square ish, not very curved. I don’t like it"

grrr :x :lol:

but I do often get good compliments so ill let her off

Hi Blair,

Don't live in Ludlow, live in Shobdon but occasionally have to work in Ludlow at Roundabout Stationery. Think I saw you on 24th September around 5.30pm ish - were you on the A456 travelling towards Tenbury Wells near Little Hereford? I did flash the lights and the driver waved. 8) Mine's a J Reg Bordeaux Pearl G60.

Don't know who owns the other cars though sorry. I gather there are about 3 Corrado's in Ludlow. :)

My work colleague said my car has a nice arse! Weird kinda compliment but a compliment anyway! :wink:

When i first bought my c, i got it home and the first thing my dad said was

"it looks like a capri!"

I thanked him for the compliment!! 8)

Was stood in a carpark last week in Swindon talking to somebody about 30 metres from my car (which was sat there phatly and minding its own business) and I heard somebody shout out 'Man, check out that VR6!'. I looked round and 5 lads (aged about 18 I'd say) were walking round the car checkin it out big style. Me and the person I was talking too were both laughing cos they didn't realise it was mine! As they started walking off (still gazing at it) one of them was stroking the spoiler!! :lol: Made my evening!

theres got to be a way of linking up an alarm to the spoiler to make it raise at the touch of a button... that'd be well smart...

A few months ago the park opposite my house was having all the trees trimmed. On the day of the trim i opened the blinds to see 3 blokes sitting on my wall all looking at my car and one I saw even trace the line from the front to the back in the air and they all started nodding lol.

I ended up chatting to them for a while they were saying they really liked the looks of the Corrado. So i asked them while they were trimming the trees they could trim the 60ft ash opposite off at the base because I’m sick of the mess it makes of my paint, if its not bird muck its sap or big branches falling. They said there is no way they would need a permit to chop a tree down that size.

Got back from work to find they had loped the whole side of the tree off :D all the other trees in the street still over hang the road :lol: then there is this big hole out side my house. It’s even brightened the front room up loads.

All thanks the C.

When i first bought my c, i got it home and the first thing my dad said was

"it looks like a capri!"

I thanked him for the compliment!! 8)

LOL, thats what my mum said!

Well it was nice to 'meet' you Blair! Hope to see you around some time!

Dumb question - what is meant by 'Face Lift Model'? Yours looks like mine from the pix, is it like with Scirocco's - MkI & MkII?

Hi Turbogirlie - yeah, it was nice to "meet" you too! Always brings a smile to my face when you get the wave/flash from other Corrado drivers :)

Facelift models came out of the factory with what is normally known as the "VR6 bonnet" - where the central section is raised (or bulged) rather than indented. Also they had the 3-slat grille, different bumper designs (flush indicators, different swage lines) and apparently wider arches (although I can't say I'd noticed).

There may have been other standard-fit items at the time - mine came with factory ABS as well, whereas my mate's '91 G60 didn't.

Thankee kindly sir for helping me out with a daft question, being a newbie etc. Apologies to the mods as we got off thread here, sorry! Mine's a face lift as well then, the beast has abs as standard as well - mine is a '92 model - maybe that's why your mate's G60 doesn't have abs, being a year older.

Nip over to the Spotted thread - you'll see my post there relating to seeing you the other Saturday!

Hope to see you soon - Shobdon is only another 16 miles on from Ludlow but if your C has the same ride as mine, very bumpy due to poor road surface.... that's the only downer to C ownership, oh yeah, I keep grounding my front spoiler too........... :(

No probs about the questions - we've all got them! I think people only get irate when off-topic questions start rambling on for several pages ;)

And the ride is fine on mine, probably because it's all standard :)

I know what you mean about selling the C for the "sensible" option. I just did a 150 mile round-trip tonight to see a Mk4 GTI (180bhp model) in Dorset which I think I'll probably buy (got to sleep on it first to decide). Got back to my hotel (down in Winchester this week) and felt absolutely gutted at the thougt of selling my C. We've been together 6.5 years, through my divorce and out the other side, and it just seems a bit sad! I couldn't see myself getting emotionally attached to many cars, but I have been to my C and my Mk1 GTI before that!

Can't afford to run 2 cars though....:(

Know what you mean about getting attached to cars, I doubt whether I'd ever part with my Scirocco GTX - owned it for 8 years now, covered 70k in 7 years in it, just spending around £2K having it restored/sprayed. Do enjoy the C though, maybe she's been lowered by one of the previous owners or had the suspension stiffened - dunno!

Take care and hope you come to something about transportation!

Well, dunno if this is counted as a "chuftie"...

I frequwnt my local drive-thru McD's a bit (other fast food franchises are available), and there's this girl that has served me a few times.

She saw me out the other week (I wasnt drunk, I was driving. She was drunk.), and was all like ooooooh you come into McD's dont you. Yes, yes I do, yes you serve me sometimes, yes, your face disgusts me....

Well, I lied about the last bit. But I thought it.

Anyway, she said something along the lines of:

"Oooh you drive that red Colorado dont you? I love that car it's so nice, you can sa hello to me next time you come in!"

Well, It's a Corrado, and I don't remember your name so won't be saying hi...